.22 creedmoor

Cogreeny

This is a very interesting cartridge I’ve been reading up on. Considering a custom build on a rem 700 action. Do any of you guys have one? Who built it? What is your experience with it? Yes I have several .22-250’s and not interested in another one. Thanks for any input.

I have two one built on a cz 550 and one on a savage model 11. I shoot the 77tmk out of my short barrel and a 88 eldm out of the long one. Surprised a factory rifle hasn’t started producing one yet. Not sold on the 88 eldm bullets 75’s seemed to do better on coyotes but they shoot good. I would have no hesitation building one. 07C28F89-B997-42DD-8B7D-FC61A2F528A4.jpeg

Curious what you’ve seen with the 88s that isn’t encouraging?
Not enough testing to know for sure. I’ve just had some inconsistent results on coyotes a couple I know were good shots. They shoot good enough I don’t want to give up on them.

No experience with a 22-250 improved but from what I’ve read there is not much difference.

Whar's the difference between a .22 CM and a .22-250 IMP?

I'm pretty sure they are very close to indiscernible performance wise. One has factory head stamped brass and could be loaded with existing 6 creed bushing dies. The other needs to be fireformed and use its own die set.

Thanks for the input fellas. I think I’m gonna go ahead in the spring with a build. I just need to decide who to build it.

Thanks for the input fellas. I think I’m gonna go ahead in the spring with a build. I just need to decide who to build it.
Get ahold of Oak. The Smith that built some raffle rifles is in Colorado I think. mtmuley

I’ve used a handful of builders and TS Customs has been my favorite mostly due to turn around time and end product satisfaction. Only downside with them is they are affiliated with muley freak..

I’m reaching out to some others about upcoming projects. Shaen rifles and Karl Feldkamp have had good feedback on the internets.

I have 2 of them that I built. On paper there isn't much difference between the .22-250 Imp and the .22 CM. I've had both and the reality of the deal is that there is that the CM case has just enough more case capacity to reach another tuning node above the .22-250 Imp. It's good for an additional 200 fps or so, depending on the individual rifle, powder and bullet chosen. That's not a huge advantage, but it's definitely there. There are quite a few of them around here so I get to see a number of different set up and loads. The biggest mistake I see made is assuming that a powder that is appropriate for the 6.5 CM is also good for the .22 CM. It's important to remember that a 6.5 barrel has aproximately 35 to 40% more bore volume than a .224 diameter barrel (depending on the land/groove number and rifling geometry). With the same cartridge case size you need to use a slower powder with the smaller bore than you can use with the larger bore. H-4350 is a good powder for the 6.5 CM but will reach unacceptably high pressure before it reaches optimal velocity. You will see .22 CM rifles that shoot good groups with 4350, but they do it at lower velocity. The higher velocity accuracy nodes have always yielded the best accuracy. It's a great cartridge that is a real performer if loaded correctly. Build one, guarantee you will like it.

This is a very interesting cartridge I’ve been reading up on. Considering a custom build on a rem 700 action. Do any of you guys have one? Who built it? What is your experience with it? Yes I have several .22-250’s and not interested in another one. Thanks for any input.
If your current 22-250s are twisted for heavy bullets, just have one of them setback and rechambered to 22 Creedmoor. That would be cheaper than a whole new build.

1-12” and 1-14” hence the interest in the .22 creed. If they were faster twist I’d just stick with them.

Pierce engineering in Lansing, MI can make you a very nice rifle too. They do all my work now and I have 4 700s from them. They also make their own actions and they are second to none in quality.
Thanks for the heads up I will look into them as well. I’m in no hurry so can take my time deciding. Thanks

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back