2024 Nevada Draw Results

Haha I don't doubt that. I know as a non-resident I pretty much considered Nevada archery elk was a pipe dream, figured I would never draw
but you can't draw if you don't apply that's for sure!
Absolutely, but those were other residents I was talking to. Top tier unit where the biggest bulls are usually killed during archery season.

You’re not the guy from Idaho I helped on that hunt, are you? I drew that tag in 2007, and shot my best bull 350+. Great hunt now with the worst odds in NV lol. Later helped a guy to a 399. I passed on a couple borderline 400’s. Awesome just to see.
No Sir I am not from Idaho

Why would you pass on a borderline 400 bull?
I don't take quartering towards shots, or any marginal for any reason. Second bull was especially frustrating as he was standing still just 40 yards from me, twice. But I could not try that shot. Seen the results of such shots that others took. Tracked forever with no recovery. No regrets on passing.

I don't take quartering towards shots, or any marginal for any reason. Second bull was especially frustrating as he was standing still just 40 yards from me, twice. But I could not try that shot. Seen the results of such shots that others took. Tracked forever with no recovery. No regrets on passing.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I took passing to mean you could have shot the bull but decided not to, not that you didn’t have a shot.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I took passing to mean you could have shot the bull but decided not to, not that you didn’t have a shot.
Just getting to see ~390 & ~400 bulls was a lifetime memory I won’t forget. And going in to that hunt my goal was 350+, which I made by 2/8” lol. I did not wound anything. So I was never disappointed in my decision.

In 29 years of elk hunting, I’ve only seen 3 of that caliber. The third was in Colorado unit 61 in 2022. I passed on that one too. But he only gave me a Big Dan frontal at 40. And that’s too far for me.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back