2023 Utah Draw Results

Grandson drew a general rifle tag for the Panguitch Unit. Left us some "wiggle" room b4 Mt antelope draw afterall. (Will be passing on that one & focusing one this hunt). Will have to do some preseason scouting to look around & get to know the area a little better. This hunt will be during his fall break of his senior year. He's got plans for after high school so who knows how long b4 we can do something like this again!

Grandson drew a general rifle tag for the Panguitch Unit. Left us some "wiggle" room b4 Mt antelope draw afterall. (Will be passing on that one & focusing one this hunt). Will have to do some preseason scouting to look around & get to know the area a little better. This hunt will be during his fall break of his senior year. He's got plans for after high school so who knows how long b4 we can do something like this again!
A friend from Phoenix just drew that tag as well. Good luck!

No joy for me. Looks like Mai Tais next week in Hawaii will be used to sooth my hurt feelings for no tags. Congrats to all who drew.

I guess I'll throw my results up here. After 22 points - and 51 years of hunting life - I have apparently drawn a bighorn sheep tag )(UT's Newfoundland Mtns) :).
Congratulations and well deserved after that time! Excited to see/hear how it goes!

I guess I'll throw my results up here. After 22 points - and 51 years of hunting life - I have apparently drawn a bighorn sheep tag )(UT's Newfoundland Mtns) :).
Congrats- I may have to move to Utah with my 22 non resident bighorn points so I can draw a tag. Godd luck!

Didn’t some dude get in huge trouble for that a while back?
Yep - He tried to move there but really didn't from the looks of it.

More detail here-

Just got to an internet connection after a week in the waves of SE Alaska. I see Utah sent emails just in time for my return. That bag of 24 pronghorn points was getting to be rather cumbersome.

View attachment 277319

The bear hunt was also a big success.
Congrats @Big Fin! That ought to be an awesome trip. That's the unit that I hope to eventually draw. I've seen some good critters running around there when I've been in the area. Good Luck!

Struck out on LE Pronghorn and my son wasn't able to draw the youth elk permit. I did draw muzzleloader deer tag for one of my favorite units to spend time in, so all was not lost. Still 0-fer on pronghorn in every state I've applied to since moving out west, so we will see what WY throws my way, but I don't have high hopes on it.

Excellent, glad to here that. That was me last July, after drawing a DBS permit in AZ. The second half of last year was dedicated to getting into shape & developing a new load for Dad's rifle. Best of luck with the upcoming process. Let us know how it's going.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back