Caribou Gear Tarp

2023 Official WY NR Antelope FAQ

If they issue the tags I’ll fill them.

Hopefully the biologists do their job and cut tags where they need cut.
Hoping is a poor plan. Are you saying at no point would you ever not fill your tags even if you felt WYGF were issuing to many? He's just saying sportsmen and women shouldn't blindly accept what ever GF says. We as hunters/conservationists should take a little personal accountability don't think that's to much to ask.

Hoping is a poor plan. Are you saying at no point would you ever not fill your tags even if you felt WYGF were issuing to many? He's just saying sportsmen and women shouldn't blindly accept what ever GF says. We as hunters/conservationists should take a little personal accountability don't think that's too much to ask.
As it applies to this thread….

One…my side of the state isn’t as impacted as others.

Two….haven’t hunted lopes in 2-3 years and probably won’t as it doesn’t seem like much of a hunt to me….

When will I not fill a tag? When I can’t find an animal of a quality that makes me happy.

Only taken one mule deer in the last 7 years because I can’t find one I want….I’ll use that same tag for a whitetail that the ranchers want eliminated on their lands or around them.

Ahhh yes…. The self righteous stuff came flying out quick….

“My standards better be your standards or you are garbage”🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll make sure to complete my comprehensive biological report before pulling a trigger🤣🤣🤣

You are not the only one in the zones each day…. I hike around in my zones almost every day including in the winter…..and this morning after the storm……
Doesn't take a biological report, just common sense.

It’s just a natural cycle. Will it be harder and require more hunting…..probably. Isn’t that why you go….for the hunt?

I don’t know why you would bail out over something out of your control….

I’ll be applying for everything I can…..life’s too short to put things off.
Although the weather may be a natural cycle, the barriers, impediments, and outright habitat conversion that we've added to the landscape over the last 150 years have changed these animals' abilities to react and bounce back Antelope piled up in town since 1st of the year (obviously former winter range) elk stacked up along highways and getting pounded on the interstate and railroad, hell even our town deer are dropping or barely hanging on. Possibly vast areas historically were void of wildlife after severe winters and drought, I think we're going to see something similar for a number of years after this killer winter. I'm seriously hopeful and glad that your part of the state had an easier, more normal winter.

Hoping is a poor plan. Are you saying at no point would you ever not fill your tags even if you felt WYGF were issuing to many? He's just saying sportsmen and women shouldn't blindly accept what ever GF says. We as hunters/conservationists should take a little personal accountability don't think that's to much to ask.
Is there a difference between someone getting issued a Wyoming grizzly tag only to throw it in the trash because they “feel” the department should not issue them at all, and the “feeling” that the same department should not be issuing pronghorn tags in certain units? Same biologists and department correct? Sometimes they are “correct” and sometimes they aren’t? Does that “feeling” justify someone who is against the grizzly hunt to do the same thing even though the biologists and science are saying otherwise?

Not picking on you just honestly curious as there is a fine line between trusting the experts and making our own judgements about what we “feel” should happen.

Is there a difference between someone getting issued a Wyoming grizzly tag only to throw it in the trash because they “feel” the department should not issue them at all, and the “feeling” that the same department should not be issuing pronghorn tags in certain units? Same biologists and department correct? Sometimes they are “correct” and sometimes they aren’t? Does that “feeling” justify someone who is against the grizzly hunt to do the same thing even though the biologists and science are saying otherwise?

Not picking on you just honestly curious as there is a fine line between trusting the experts and making our own judgements about what we “feel” should happen.
Mangelsen Theorem? ;)

Honestly I don't think I have anymore of a right to apply for that tag then the person who would throw it away. Do I agree with them no but what someone does with their tag after drawing it, as long as legal, is none of my business. Wyoming is a shining gem in the game and fish world many states GF cannot and should not be trusted. I guess I just feel we have a responsibility to police ourselves a bit.

Wow... Casper set a record yesterday with the most snow accumulation they have ever had in one day. 27" yesterday!
Expected to hit three feet today.

Hell that is the best damn scenario any of us can hope for…. seriously, why would we not want this to happen?

The anti hunters are funding hunting through buying licenses. More funding, better resource for all. Then when no one harvest the animals, the population grows and there is even more opportunity for all…

So yes it is something good…

Although the weather may be a natural cycle, the barriers, impediments, and outright habitat conversion that we've added to the landscape over the last 150 years have changed these animals' abilities to react and bounce back Antelope piled up in town since 1st of the year (obviously former winter range) elk stacked up along highways and getting pounded on the interstate and railroad, hell even our town deer are dropping or barely hanging on. Possibly vast areas historically were void of wildlife after severe winters and drought, I think we're going to see something similar for a number of years after this killer winter. I'm seriously hopeful and glad that your part of the state had an easier, more normal winter.
Very good point. Might be a natural cycle, but there are literally tons of ways that man has made an unnatural mess of things…

It’s just a natural cycle. Will it be harder and require more hunting…..probably. Isn’t that why you go….for the hunt?

I don’t know why you would bail out over something out of your control….

I’ll be applying for everything I can…..life’s too short to put things off.
It's a life thing (for an old guy)

If it was really that bad and the state was not so greedy they would stop ALL hunting IMO.....and since we all know they won't...pick your hunt area wisely and go hunt... :). Burn them points !

Doesn't take a biological report, just common sense.
Hmm…..moose haven’t been doing good for a long time……

Was it 2022 season that you drew a moose tag and harvested?🤔

Rules for thee and not for me🤣

I mean….it’s just common sense.

Hmm…..moose haven’t been doing good for a long time……

Was it 2022 season that you drew a moose tag and harvested?🤔

Rules for thee and not for me🤣

I mean….it’s just common sense.
Very limited tags and I saw a shit ton of moose...nice try, 🤡.

Very limited tags and I saw a shit ton of moose...nice try, 🤡.
O….so because he saw a few it made it ok. Even tho the data that they are in sharp decline is out there…..hmmmm

Lopes have been on the decline the last few years with tag cuts across the state…

Mule deer a long time…..

Wonder if we could use the simple search function and find those….

Probably saw a few of those too so it was ok there as well.

Rules for thee and not for me….🤣

Well confirmed.

There is some well used quote here about glass houses or something🤔

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back