2023 Official WY NR Antelope FAQ

Watts307

Yes, the snow storm in the area was bad that you heard about.

Yes, your secret area is probably effected.

Yes, all the lopes are frozen stiff

Yes, you should apply for antelope in another state.

12" last 24 hours and 17" expected in next 24 hours.

🍻

Attachments

• IMG-5111.jpg
    IMG-5111.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Can anyone point me in the right direction to withdraw my antelope application? Not real obvious on their website (to me) not a tech guru though

Can anyone point me in the right direction to withdraw my antelope application? Not real obvious on their website (to me) not a tech guru though
Try and give this a shot:

To withdraw an application, go to the Department's website and log in as you did to enter the drawing. Select “View Previously Submitted Applications” and then the “Modify” button and the “Remove Application from Drawing” button. View results after the drawings are held.

Application Process - Wyoming Game and Fish Department​

Log into the apply tab, click on already submitted apps, click modify on the app you want to withdraw, then this screen will pop up. Click remove app from drawing. @Nicoli7153
Screenshot_20230404-063644_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It’s just a natural cycle. Will it be harder and require more hunting…..probably. Isn’t that why you go….for the hunt?

I don’t know why you would bail out over something out of your control….

I’ll be applying for everything I can…..life’s too short to put things off.

It’s just a natural cycle. Will it be harder and require more hunting…..probably. Isn’t that why you go….for the hunt?

Are you talking to R or NRs?

Depending on things shake out, I may be drawing a buck and 2 doe/fawn pronghorn tags that will find their way to the trash can.

I’m not sure that I would withdraw as a NR. No reason to expect things to rebound for at least a few years, meanwhile point creep balloons even quicker while quotas are low. Might be smart to draw while you can.

Hunting as a Resident is a no brained to apply. More complicated as a NR.
Exactly! I've got a list as long as my leg of hunts I wanna go do all over the country. It just doesn't make sense to apply in hard hit areas especially when there's plenty of other areas either unaffected or even doing well like the SW this year for example. I won't be applying for antelope type 6 for the first time in years just can't get excited about filling what is essentially a population control tag this year. I did still apply for long shot type 1 tags for elk, deer, and antelope. Wyoming is my absolute favorite state to hunt besides my home state (hell over my home state) but I think I'll be focusing on some other states especially for deer and antelope in the next few years. I'll still come up and help my brother who lives in Casper fill his elk tag, he shot for the moon, so probably be a general tag.

Make sure your popup blocker is disabled or the link may no show up.
I'll be applying in an area without issues , hoping to put one in the freezer.
There will be a couple of doe tags not hunted, deer and pronghorn.

Depending on things shake out, I may be drawing a buck and 2 doe/fawn pronghorn tags that will find their way to the trash can.
If they issue the tags I’ll fill them.

Hopefully the biologists do their job and cut tags where they need cut.

If they issue the tags I’ll fill them.

Hopefully the biologists do their job and cut tags where they need cut.
Many times they don't know, and I do know, because I spend a lot of time in the units I hunt. I know what the population should be, when they're in recovery mode, in good times or bad times. I also know enough to realize when its appropriate to kill an animal and when its not. I'm not going to starve to death if I don't kill 3 pronghorn in an area that's in a recovery period.

Just because I have a tag doesn't mean I'm forced to fill it.

If a hunter/conservationist is so dumb/ignorant they can't do anything more than just say, "well, they issued the tag, so..." well, I question whether they should even be out there.

For the record, biologists are under a lot of direction in a top-down management style and while they do their best to make decisions on what's best for wildlife/science, there are lots of other factors that drive their decisions other than the science. Anyone that pays even a casual amount of attention, knows that.

I'll use the "trust but field verify" before making my decision to fill a tag or not.

Ahhh yes…. The self righteous stuff came flying out quick….

“My standards better be your standards or you are garbage”🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll make sure to complete my comprehensive biological report before pulling a trigger🤣🤣🤣

You are not the only one in the zones each day…. I hike around in my zones almost every day including in the winter…..and this morning after the storm……

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back