2023 Hunt Talk Fantasy Football League

14 teams is a bite.

20 primary players out of the draft, waivers, and FA's - add the 6-8 backup players - each team
32 - 36 players out of the pool.

Covering bye weeks and injuries, 4 player bench straps each team though likely the best path forward with 14 teams.

I'm in for the 14. Prep for some interesting waiver/FA plays. Agree, need to reduce the bench to four.

Let the fun begin. 😉🤣

Bench is currently 3 with one eligible for IR.

How’s that sound?
IMO do 4 bench spots with 3 WRs or 2 flex spots. Helps balance out teams more with less viable TEs/RBs to use.

I’d still say keep it as the original 12 we had or do a 2nd league vs 14 teams.

I'm gonna keep it at 14. It's different and likely a pain in the ass but we'll figure it out. I do like the idea of playing everyone once before playoffs.

In order to keep the waiver wire active I'm going to either keep for starters of 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex or 1 RB, 1 WR, and 3 Flex. I'm fine with either.

Bench is currently 3 with one eligible for IR.

How’s that sound?

I like the 4 bench. I think 3 is too tight considering bye swapping players and having to give up key players for sake of limited slots.

RB's are pinched for selection. I think 2 WR's are manageable + flex.

WR 2, RB 1, Flex WR/RB/TE, Flex WR/TE, (9 position, 4 bench, 1 IR) or heck... why restrict the second flex... Make it WR/TE/K/D. Gives one a couple more options when the picking gets slim. Just keep out the RB from the second flex :) .

Not opposed to 14 though adjustments needed. Trades need to be critiqued as questionable to outright WTF? seems to be the steam release valve of a past 14 team HT league (several years ago).

Side note for any reasonably new. Draft day for 14 team settings is even more critical to watch your bye weeks for RB, WR, and QB. Especially with 4 bench. (Repeat to self... lest I forget - Haha!)

Last edited:
My vote for positions is qb, two RB, two WR, one TE, one flex spot W/R/T, and DEF with a 4 player bench plus IR.

With 14 teams, please don't have 2 mandatory RB positions. You will end up with some of the fantasy teams having to put 2 string players in that position and it puts them at a definite disadvantage. I would go 1 RB, 2 WR & 2 Flex (RB/WR for one & WR/TE for the other)

I say keep it standard and just shorten the bench. I like the challenge of what 14 teams will bring to roster management!

With 14 teams, please don't have 2 mandatory RB positions. You will end up with some of the fantasy teams having to put 2 string players in that position and it puts them at a definite disadvantage. I would go 1 RB, 2 WR & 2 Flex (RB/WR for one & WR/TE for the other)
I like this approach

Yes I would agree with this.

I like the 1 RB especially. There's very few bellcows anymore.

1QB
1RB
2 WR
2 FLEX WR/TE/RB
D
No kicker, fk kickers lol

4 bench
1IR

Yes I would agree with this.

I like the 1 RB especially. There's very few bellcows anymore.

1QB
1RB
2 WR
2 FLEX WR/TE/RB
D
No kicker, fk kickers lol

4 bench
1IR
Two RBs makes you go out and find talent. Maybe half point PPR to increase value of some 3rd down RBs?

And @Schaaf please make the draft time per round 30 seconds. A fast game is a good game.

Two RBs makes you go out and find talent. Maybe half point PPR to increase value of some 3rd down RBs?

And @Schaaf please make the draft time per round 30 seconds. A fast game is a good game.
No. I'd rather it bump up to 60 seconds or more. 30 seconds is a joke!

No. I'd rather it bump up to 60 seconds or more. 30 seconds is a joke!
Just like in the field, you gotta be prepared and be quick on the trigger. He who hesitates is lost.

A 14 team draft with 1 minute picks will take forever. If you never done a 30 sec round draft, once you do one, you’ll never go back. It goes quick and smooth.

Just like in the field, you gotta be prepared and be quick on the trigger. He who hesitates is lost.

A 14 team draft with 1 minute picks will take forever. If you never done a 30 sec round draft, once you do one, you’ll never go back. It goes quick and smooth.
No, absolutely not. The highly competitive one I do at work, we do an in person draft and it starts at 6pm and isn't typically done until 10pm - it is an auction style draft which partially accounts for that. I have no problem with long drafts.

So, change to 60 seconds over 45 seconds or at the very least, keep it at 45.

Back