MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2017 Eclipse (August 21)

Still to deep, the point being anything I post here should not be taken seriously. :)

Now I have to stop being huffy and get back to work.... You are a trouble maker and should be beaten with wet noodles.

I had 99.4% totality at my front door. A lot of schools in the area actually closed for the event. I-55 south was bumper to bumper (maybe 30mph) going into st. louis yesterday. It was pretty cool to hear the cicadas start to sing when it got darker.

Eh...didn't live up to the hype. No way would I take vacation or travel to see something like this.

It worked out that my son was able to come up to the office with my wife and we checked it out during lunch. We had light clouds but that actually seemed to made it easier to see. It got to about 75% here.

I brought my auto darkening welding helmet to work and about a dozen folks from the office stepped outside and looked through it.

Most folks looked for a few seconds and said "cool" and went back inside.

Eh...didn't live up to the hype. No way would I take vacation or travel to see something like this.

It was cool to see but I was underwhelmed as well. My two take always were that it didn't get as dark as I had imagined and it got cold, which I wasn't expecting.

The ambient light and temp got sorta weird rayban cool for a moment here....then it wasn't. Meh moment at best.

For all those folks heading back south on I-25 it was their once in a lifetime trophy hunt....

Give credit to the Creator, not the creation.

I remember watching an eclipse in 1979 with my little sister. My daughter might remember watching this one with me in 38 years, but she'll most certainly remember what I said to the guy selling paper foil eclipse glasses for $20 each out of his van in the Smith's parking lot last night.

Sorry to be the outlier.. It was amazing and incredible. One of the most amazing things I've seen. We were right under the center of totality south of Shoshoni and the cheer that went up at the moment of totality was awesome.

Sorry to be the outlier.. It was amazing and incredible. One of the most amazing things I've seen. We were right under the center of totality south of Shoshoni and the cheer that went up at the moment of totality was awesome.

I agree. Anyone that saw complete totality and didn't enjoy the heck out of it, well I have nothing for you.

A few of us have talked about chasing the 2024 eclipse already.

It was cool but I have more memorable sunset and sunrise. I think this eclipse was a big deal because it didn't happen every morning or evening.

I agree. Anyone that saw complete totality and didn't enjoy the heck out of it, well I have nothing for you.

A few of us have talked about chasing the 2024 eclipse already.

Mazatlan 2024! I talked to some chasers yesterday at the dinosaur museum and now I see why they do it.

I was an eye roller about the whole thing, especially considering traffic predictions. But my wife talked me into driving south for the totality this morning, and I've got to say, it was pretty damn special. I can see how only experiencing partial eclipse would be pretty lacking, but the whole atmosphere changed when the sun disappeared completely. Much like all momentary, unique experiences in the natural world it made me feel connected to a much larger, infinitely powerful wheel.

Partial was only slightly interesting. The total eclipse was way cooler than I thought it would be. I doubt I would travel for it, but being I was already here with full gas cans and a pantry of dry goods...

Back