2017 Eclipse (August 21)

We were planning to go down to SC which is about a 2hr drive to get into the path of totality but weather is calling for 54% of the sky to be in cloud cover. As cool as it is, I'm not willing to risk the drive for those odds of the total eclipse happening behind a cloud in those 2-3min. I'll stay home and enjoy my 97% eclipse.

I remember watching the total eclipse in Eastern Montana as a kid. My brother just posted up some pictures he took of it in 1979. We watched it right in our front yard.

We are getting a 75% here on this one and then will be 300 miles from the totality for the 2024 eclipse so we might go check that one out.

BIGHORN BOW.jpg

Bighorn 'bow.. Lots of rigs passing through, but no apocalypse. A couple of the townies we've talked to said it's no busier here than average right now, and were hoping for more.

A lot of vans northbound when I hit I-15 yesterday. The campgrounds on the Snake are packed. We headed straight for the hills and quite a few dispersed camping. The little man an I hiked high up on the hill and other than a couple about 200 yards down the ridge it's all quiet.....just like hunting season, get off the road a bit and you're all by yourself.

I think getting out of here and until I get to I-84 it may be a bit of a chit show.

https://flic.kr/p/WEJC2Q

Attachments

• 20170821_103302.jpg
    20170821_103302.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
You are looking way to deep.

Give up your 4 wheel drive and switch to solar power and then we can talk. :) Aren't you old enough to remember when scientists were marking a cooling trend and telling us we were entering into another ice age? I haven't heard too many people denying the observable trend of a changing climate (warming in this instance). I think the debate centers on causation.

The eclipse was cool. I'm happy to report that you didn't have to spring for the special eclipse glasses to view it. Five pairs of regular sun glasses in sequence worked great! :)

Minnesota sucked. I saw it at maybe 10% with a welding mask and then had lunch. After lunch I went to see it at its peak here and was met with approaching thunderstorms and dense cloud cover. Oh well, maybe next time.

Give up your 4 wheel drive and switch to solar power and then we can talk. :) Aren't you old enough to remember when scientists were marking a cooling trend and telling us we were entering into another ice age? I haven't heard too many people denying the observable trend of a changing climate (warming in this instance). I think the debate centers on causation.

)

Still to deep, the point being anything I post here should not be taken seriously. :)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back