Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2017 Eclipse (August 21)

At 90% I was a little underwhelmed. But it was cool to hear the birds quiet down and the evening insects start up. I am in the path of totality for 2024 though.

At 90% I was a little underwhelmed. But it was cool to hear the birds quiet down and the evening insects start up. I am in the path of totality for 2024 though.

You have something to look forward to, I was completely blown away by totality.

mtmuley sounds like he wants to be the goth kid saying everything that's cool is lame. :D

I wasn't all that interested but since we were already planning to be in WY to archery pronghorn hunt, figured might as well camp in the totality zone, which happened to cross part of our unit.

Absolutely worth it. If you weren't in totality, it was meh. But that two minutes was amazing. My favorite part was just as the sun started to peak through, giving the "diamond ring" effect.

Half an hour later my wife was stalking another pronghorn right from camp. :D

Hey vanish. Never said it was lame. I didn't even watch it. I had way more important things to do. If it was life changing and awe inspiring for people, that's great. Personally, just me now, I don't see the big deal. And please don't describe me as wanting to be a "Goth kid". mtmuley

Hey vanish. Never said it was lame. I didn't even watch it. I had way more important things to do. If it was life changing and awe inspiring for people, that's great. Personally, just me now, I don't see the big deal. And please don't describe me as wanting to be a "Goth kid". mtmuley

For not being a big deal to you, you've sure posted about it a lot.

I wouldn't quit my job to go see it, but if you haven't seen one you really can't know what you missed. Pictures are way too soft and lacking in dynamic range to show what it looks like. It is also the effect of going from something that you are so familiar with to something that can't even be described, and this happens in an instant. I think next time I'll be in a crowd so I can watch and hear the people's reactions.

I can't imagine living in a time where we couldn't predict or explain it and while there's a slow build up of changing light that last percent or half a percent is so dramatic. To look up and see a glowing hole and have no words must have been a total mind bender.

Anyone who didn't see 100% totality will never understand the split second when the last ray of sun disappeared. In fact you couldn't see a thing through the glasses at totality. I'm not a pushover for much outside of family and hunting, but it was amazing.

I doubt I would have traveled to see it, unless I knew what I would have missed. All in all a great time and Casper put on quite a festival for four days, it was a great event for the city.

Some crazy $hit went on for sure. Check this out:View attachment 73473

...she was having a burning man moment.

Back