2013 WY bear

Great bear buzz, congrats.

I'm still trying to figure out what ours are eating up here right now, they're not in their usual haunts.

Good deal on the bear...looks like a nice place to hunt and i hope you get another look at that big buck. So many big old deer seem to come from country that doesn't hold lots of animals, but what it does hold can get age.

Nice job Buzz! Good looking bear.

Had a similar thing happen once. Was hunting with my cousin and I had already filled my tag. We spotted a buck about the same time he spotted us. He took off up the open hillside and looked huge. Instead of shooting we dug out the spotter for a better look. Well you guessed it, when we got the spotter on him and realized how big he was, he was out of range. Hard lesson learned.

Congrats on a nice bear Buzz! Too bad on the deer. Any plans to head back into the area and try to locate him again?

Great bear Buzz. This must be the kick off of the annual smack down you give western big game animals over a three month period. Let the games begin!

Nice bear. I'm sure I'm not alone in that it was cool of you to call Greenhorn before heading to a spot he showed you. We all wish everyone was as courteous.

Congrats on a great 'consolation' prize! My favorite part about hearing the story in person was how perterbed Pat was at you for missing the buck! :D

Congrats Buzz! Beautiful country and a gorgeous bear. Hopefully the hunting gods will shine on you and you'll find that big buck later in the season.

Nice bear there, great color. Classy touch on calling to make sure all was cool with guy who showed you the spot. That courtesy has not always been afforded me, so that was my favorite part of your story. That one should be great eating.

Back