Yeti GOBOX Collection

2012 Broadhead Review

What brand of broadhead are using this year?

• Total voters
NAP Razor caps. Shoot very well for me and cause massive problems for whatever gets hit.

Wish they wouldn't have quit making them. But I've got a stash that will last a few more years. :D

I use both fixed and mech. It depends on the wind. For mech heads I still have some Grim Reapers left. After that, probably try that Ullmer head. For fixed, my favorite head, the VPA non vented 100 gr. I shootem all summer long and sharpen them and put them in the quiver. Easy to sharpen and a very strong head. I am just wondering how many shots I can take with them before having to toss them. MY son started shooting them as well so I best buy another pack as we are splitting a 3 pack and he lost one shooting at a turkey last fall so it is one each for now.

Been usuing rage for a few years and for me they have preformed flawlessly. Cant say how they would work on larger game but for deer cant say enough :cool:

I am hoping my 100 gr. fixed blade (hellraiser) goes to work tomorrow mornin'!

Last edited:
OK, I have to say that I am surprised! I did not expect G5 to be as close to Muzzy as they have been! I also figured that there would be more "Others" than there is.

I googled and read a lot of articles about the many brands of broadheads out there and picked what most sites and Cabelas showed to be the most popular brands. There were also quite a few out there that I had never heard of too.

What provoked me to start this "Poll" was a 30 minute program on the Pursuit Channel called "Swhacker Broadheads". I was really hoping someone who responded to this thread would give us all some insight on these broadheads. The lone user must not have been an OYOA member.

I've only ever shot fixed balde broadheads and have never been sold on mechanical...basically if it's not broke, don't fix it . I shoot a lot and am always checking my bow to ensure my fixed bladed broadheads fly exactly like my field points do.

I tried shooting Muzzy's and they always flew low left, no matter what I did and I knew my bow was tuned. A buddy of mine let me shoot one of his sheep when I was out at his place one time and I used a MX4...the blades curled like a soda can. I've talked to other people who have had similar results with them. I tried slick trick mags for a while, but wasn't happy with how they worked. So, I'm back to my tried and true Shuttle T's...they've been devastating on everything I've shot with them and fly like field points out to 80 yards.

Magnus stinger 4 blades for me. Been using them for 8 or 9 years now and have always got them to shoot well for me and been happy with the performance on elk.

100 grain Ulmers Edge. Most accurate shooting broadhead I have ever used AND much less of a chance for premature opening. Love em!!

I tried shooting Muzzy's and they always flew low left, no matter what I did and I knew my bow was tuned. A buddy of mine let me shoot one of his sheep when I was out at his place one time and I used a MX4...the blades curled like a soda can. I've talked to other people who have had similar results with them. I tried slick trick mags for a while, but wasn't happy with how they worked. So, I'm back to my tried and true Shuttle T's...they've been devastating on everything I've shot with them and fly like field points out to 80 yards.

So the way it sounds Muzzy quality hasnt changed since I shot them last IMO the only good head they make is their fish point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back