Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2011's Buck #4

rhomas

Banned
I got this 160 lb 8 point this afternoon with a Winchester mod. 70 in .270, shooting Winchester 130 grain power points. The neat thing was I had just gotten pics of him off of my trail cam this am.;)

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 416
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 419
Driving the deer with dogs or stand hunting? (or maybe still hunting/stalking??)

Not too bad for one of those web footed whitetails. Going Thursday for the three day early duck season and to scout things out a bit. What does the acorn crop look like this year, whiteoaks vs.wateroaks?

Hey tarheel,acorn crop in northern piedmont is heavy.Tons of red oak and a very good white oak
crop also.Woods are holding the deer right now.

Hey tarheel,acorn crop in northern piedmont is heavy.Tons of red oak and a very good white oak
crop also.Woods are holding the deer right now.

I guess I'd best break out my front loader for my trip to the swamps Friday. I don't think gun season starts before Monday in the Eastern zone. I'm hoping there's a good water oak acorn crop this year to hold the woodies in the sloughs and keep them from feeding in the corn fields.

I killed this one sitting in the exact same A-frame stand situated at the intersection of two food plots, where I also killed #2 and #3. BTW, we only use shotguns with buckshot when dog hunting. Rifles are always strictly still hunting from tree stands, tower stands, or ground blinds.

Red oak acorns have the ground blanketed in the swamps down here. Up on higher ground, where there are white oaks, they are also heavy.

This deer will go to my aunt, who gives me permission to hunt her property, which adjoins ours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back