2010 - What a great year it was.

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
With only a week left in the year, it gives me cause to think about all that has happened in the last year. For On Your Own Adventures, it has been an interesting, at times difficult, yet very successful year. Thanks to all of you for your help and support.

Some things that come to mind from the last year.
> Made a big splash at the Golden Moose Awards Show, especially for a first-year show.

> Drew some amazing tags.

> Showed the world you could hunt Alaska black bear for less than $2,000.

> Turned down a very lucrative offer that would have made OYOA the only survival show in the hunting TV world.

> Solved some serious tremor issues in my archery shooting.

> Overcame the normal equipment issues you expect when you drive 20,000 miles and spend 100 days on the road - blown axle, flat tires, lost tripods, etc.

> Found archery success beyond anything I could have ever imagined - antelope, mule deer, elk.

> Filmed a hunt that shows there is no lack of ways to access landlocked public land.

> Learned a new Arizona elk unit that I think I can draw every five or six years - don't ask, 'cause I ain't tellin'.

> Watched my nephew shoot a bull on his first elk hunt.

> Did not film a Montana deer hunt for the first time in three years.

> Found that Kansas deer can be hunted successfully via spot and stalk.

> Watched the pronghorn portion of Hunt Talk fill up with more pics of big antelope than I could have ever imagined.

> Finally got to go elk hunting with my brother.

> Saw what the results of an early winter can be on the migratory elk of Montana - lots of smoker bull pics showed up on the site.

> Entered into a partnership with our production group, Warm Springs Productions, increasing our visibility, quality, and opportunities, and making my life waaaay more sane.

> Inked some great sponsors that we will be announcing in early 2011.

> Got to spend a day being followed around the Montana mountains by the helicopter film group that filmed the Nat Geo series - Planet Earth. Amazing, simply amazing.

> Finalized the terms of a new network agreement, securing our home network for the next three years.

> Met many new great people, spent time with new and old friends, and had the best hunting season I could ever ask for.

> Lots of other great times, to numerous to mention.
Not sure what 2011 holds in store, but if it is better than 2010, I will have even more to be thankful for.

Hope 2010 has given you reason to be grateful.

And may your 2011 be even better. Best New Year wishes to all of you.

Got to spend a day being followed around the Montana mountains by the helicopter film group that filmed the Nat Geo series - Planet Earth. Amazing, simply amazing.

!!!!!!!!!??????? When, where, do we get to view some of that footage? Planet Earth has got to be my favorite all time series I've ever seen. Our family has already gone through one of the sets, so often that most of the dvds are scratched beyond playing and we had to buy a second set to replace it. I've probably seen each episode a dozen times.

I hope 2011 is even better for you than 2010. My family got me the season two DVD for Christmas. EXCELLANT! is the prognosis of my review.

!!!!!!!!!??????? When, where, do we get to view some of that footage? Planet Earth has got to be my favorite all time series I've ever seen. Our family has already gone through one of the sets, so often that most of the dvds are scratched beyond playing and we had to buy a second set to replace it. I've probably seen each episode a dozen times.

In about a week when I am allowed to load our Season Three promo clips.

The footage is beyond anything I have ever seen. The animals and light all cooperated, as if the planets were aligned for OYOA to have some of the most incredible aerial footage in the world of outdoor TV. People who have seen a sneek preview seem to share my impressions.

We will be sprinkling a lot of that aerial footage in every episode in Season Three. Even the pilot and camera operator were impressed with the final product of that day. When we met for dinner that night, they said it was "one of those days" when everything comes together. Listening to them and how they shoot this stuff is very interesting. The lens on the camera is 18" across, and just the lens costs $500K. :eek:

Thanks for all the rides this year Fin...realtime shares are pretty darn cool and much appreciated.

In about a week when I am allowed to load our Season Three promo clips.

The footage is beyond anything I have ever seen. The animals and light all cooperated, as if the planets were aligned for OYOA to have some of the most incredible aerial footage in the world of outdoor TV. People who have seen a sneek preview seem to share my impressions.

We will be sprinkling a lot of that aerial footage in every episode in Season Three. Even the pilot and camera operator were impressed with the final product of that day. When we met for dinner that night, they said it was "one of those days" when everything comes together. Listening to them and how they shoot this stuff is very interesting. The lens on the camera is 18" across, and just the lens costs $500K. :eek:

It is incredible footage and a great intro. Fin's made it to the big leagues and this is evidence of that. Come on new year I want to see the clip again.

Got a link?

No link. Just an idea of guys with better TV minds than me. After three months of planning and discussions, I realized I am a hunter, not an actor. Maybe they will find someone more comfortable with the role and Trail Breaker will make it to the tube.

Yeah, Word on the street is that Big Fin has been asked to sing a Duet with Taylor Swift! Celebrities!!! John

If thats the case I'm going to be his new stunt double. He has to keep his heart rate stable so I'll gladly do any appearances in his place:D

Congrats Big Fin! Although I haven't seen season 2 yet, those are some pretty exciting accomplishments for 2010. I hope your '11 season is as fruitful. :)

Hope 2010 has given you reason to be grateful.

And may your 2011 be even better. Best New Year wishes to all of you.

Congrats Big Fin and back-at-ya !!

I too, am very grateful that 2010 was much better than 2009... and here's to 2011 being even better than 2010... ;) Cheers !!

Randy - you are living the dream man. Congratulations on another great season. Keep it coming. You are keeping many of us office-bound easterners tied to our dreams of hiking and hunting the west. Looking forward to the aerial footage. Merry Christamas from all of us On Your Own fans here in New England.

- Hitman

Grats Randy and company on a fantastic product! Look forward to your "Green Planet" episode, that certainly sounds interesting.
Some serious accomplishments there - That has to feel good!

Thanks for your product - We really enjoy it!

Big Fin said:
> Got to spend a day being followed around the Montana mountains by the helicopter film group that filmed the Nat Geo series - Planet Earth. Amazing, simply amazing.

Dude that's awesome. Can't wait to see how that's going to look.

Congrats on your great year and thanks for sharing it with us. 2010 has got to go down as one of my best in some aspects as well, but always looking forward to future hunts!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back