2 Fall Trips, am I crazy? (eastern guys)

I drove out to Wyoming to chase deer & antelope in October and then went back out in December for cow elk. I have 30 vacation days, single & a new truck= a couple trips out west this year

I'm doing three trips. Taking the wife and kids to the Frank Church in May for bear, then an antelope trip to MT in October (better get drawn as I have plenty of points) and then back again for the combo elk/deer. Driving to Idaho and flying to MT. Got use a different Kimber for each trip!

At your age and that unencumbered, have you given any thought to relocating to a Western state? I did for a time and it was the best and worst decision I ever made... (long story).

That said, the most trips West I've made in a year since moving back to Indiana is 3. So you are far from crazy if you have the time and willingness to put up with the travel. Only you can decide that.

Do it, things in life change in a heartbeat! If you have the time and $, TALK YOUR DAD INTO GOING!

My brother and I drove to Colorado from Alabama in late August for early elk archery, and two weeks later I packed up my wife and daughter and drove to Arizona for another archery elk hunt! It was totally worth it. I am 49 with a full time job, and a family, so don't think it can't be done!

Back