Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Oh you still have room for one elk or two three more deer in that freezer Keep hunting and enjoying the outdoors!!!!!

Wow, very nice!!!!!

Well.... My elk season is decided. Now I just need to go find one and kill it. I'm hoping for horrible weather and lots of misery. It'll be fun.

"Never follow your passion, but always bring it with you." ~ Mike Rowe

Best of luck out there!!

5. Default

Sorry I’ve been MIA.
    I changed jobs and I also got really sick.
    I was actually supposed to be on my way to Kansas right now, but I’m choosing rest and family time until I kick this nasty whatever I have.

It’ll also help me get healthy for the core part of my season which is kicking off soon.

Anyways, bucks are still showing up in Kansas. The big ones should be showing up in the next couple weeks.

Florida is looking good too. A lot of my areas are flooding with does.
    My big bucks are missing, but that’s to be expected ... velvet is coming off right now.

So next opportunity for me to hunt is Florida opener! OCT 20th!

6. Default

Hope you feel better!The deer will be there.

Hoping you feeling better soon and I'm loving those High and tight racks in Kansas! Been small bucks and does here in NY so far but hoping for something soon! Enjoy your family time, i'm sure the wife will be kicking your sick grumpy butt out of the house soon because your not hunting!!!!

8. Default

I made the right decision not to go....
    This morning I was driving my daughter to the store and my body gave up.
    At a busy intersection, green light for me, and I’m stopping in the middle of the road throwing up all over myself and my wife’s car while my daughter is in the back saying “bless you” every time I barfed.
    I’m going to be resting this whole weekend.... I’m not a fan of being sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthewoods View Post
    I made the right decision not to go....
    This morning I was driving my daughter to the store and my body gave up.
    At a busy intersection, green light for me, and Iím stopping in the middle of the road throwing up all over myself and my wifeís car while my daughter is in the back saying ďbless youĒ every time I barfed.
    Iím going to be resting this whole weekend.... Iím not a fan of being sick.
    Oh boy.... I was on the mountain in Oregon when the sickness hit me. Sure made for a fun day with liquid coming out of both ends.

Nearly ran out of sleeves and socks... Might have had something to do with why I missed that bull the next morning.

10. Default

That hurricane is VFR direct to my house. I live in the yellow.
    After the house got hit by a tornado earlier this year I don’t mess with weather.

We evacuated last night to get ahead of everyone else.
    It’s going to be nasty.

11. Default

Good luck to you and everyone in the area.Smart move heading out early.

Keep you head down and be safe!

14. Default

Thanks everyone!

Hurricane is gone, my house seems to be fine, and now I’m 9 days away from a season finally opening. I can’t wait!

Bigger Kansas bucks are finally starting to show up too.

Still many more from last year that we know made it through.... just waiting for them to show up.

Here are three specifically I want to see.

I’m going to go check my game cams today or this weekend to make sure they survived the hurricane.

Kansas is the land of the giants!

16. Default

good to hear your all ,OK looking forward to future hunts.

I was pretty much out of commission and totally knocked off my feet last week due to an annoying sinus infection. It was not fun.

I was able to get out yesterday to walk around with a buddy who has a rifle cow tag for a nearby unit. It ended up being a rifle-hike as we didn't see anything, but it was nice to get out and breathe some fresh air (even though I really couldn't breathe through my nose.)

We followed some fresh tracks and jumped the elk off their beds, but we never set eyes on them. The snow and the tracks we were following were gone by midday.

I should be able to convince the wife to get out sometime this week for an after work hunt.

18. Default

Good to see you are back at it.Mustache or not.lol!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910