Yeti & NRA

For good or for bad, companies distancing themselves from NRA will continue for the foreseeable future. IMHO, HT should just have a master thread where folks can add the latest company to the list rather than getting essentially duplicate 4 or 5 pages of comments every time.

It is my opinion the NRA is acting like a petulant, vindictive, and petty jilted lover. In all likelihood, the truth will come out that yeti really didn’t do anything in particular to the NRA they didn’t do to their other business partners. It’s just the NRA chose to villainize them for it and use it as an opportunity to burn them at the stake on social media. I find them classless in this whole venture and quite honestly question the people that take their word at face value and support their witchhunt.

Yep.

The NRA is the biggest kid on the block when it comes to pro-2A. To continue with the narrative that guns are bad they need to be taken down. Then move on to the next issue; more predators that can't be hunted, less access due to stepping on flowers, uncontrolled invasive species, animals have feelings too, etc.

As far as smaller state organizations, or individuals, one look at California shows a template for what the progressive liberal agenda desires. One step at a time. If you choose to go along with the people who desire an end to gun ownership and hunting there isn't anything I can say to change your mind.

Exactly right. The NRA is protecting our 2nd amendment rights. We would have lost them already if not for the NRA.

It took all of 30 seconds to find the letter sent to the NRA as well as a comment from another Org that got the same letter. They got butt hurt because they lost some discount pricing and turned it into a 2nd amendment issue with no regard for a multi decade supporter of hunting and fishing. They'll never see another dime from me.

But the three seconds it would have taken to copy and paste the link to it was way too much work?

Except it's not. The Wyss Foundation - for example - is based in the United States and is managed by a BOD that live in this country. The NRA issue is about how the Russians helped influence the US elections and support the NRA with direct donations from out of country to a dark money political action committee. Very separate issues.
OK...

Last edited:
The NRA turned into a political extremist group long ago. I always thought Yeti products were very much overpriced but I might just buy a cooler from them now just in support of this move.

The way things are going with gun control freaks these days, and shootings happening at almost a daily basis the NRA had better be a "Political Extremist Group" because the other side certainly is.

Did any other organizations confirm that Yeti sent them the same letter? If they have, this would confirm the change Yeti is making in their agreement was not ideological in nature. Disclaimer: I don't buy Yeti because of the price but have nothing against them. I support the NRA off and on but think they could do a better job picking their battles.

Boy, it is amazing how far left the "hunters" and "gun owners" that post here have gone. That is the main reason that I no longer post in open forum here. Keep bashing the NRA and preaching your "they won't take them away" diatribe. Hypocrisy is in full swing here and in society. We either fail as gun owners, or band together and fight the cancer that is spreading in this country.

I will continue to boycott any company that does not want a connection with the NRA. To stop the lunacy, we have to take a stand somewhere. If you think that GOA and other small groups are going to stop it, you are misinformed and clueless. They do not have a fraction of the pull that has been developed by the NRA.

I asked this question on another forum and haven't received much of an answer. Can someone explain to me why this is such a big deal? All they did was change their discount program; nothing more, nothing less. I'm struggling to see the connection between that move and their stance on the NRA or the second amendment.

Boy, it is amazing how far left the "hunters" and "gun owners" that post here have gone. That is the main reason that I no longer post in open forum here. Keep bashing the NRA and preaching your "they won't take them away" diatribe. Hypocrisy is in full swing here and in society. We either fail as gun owners, or band together and fight the cancer that is spreading in this country.

I will continue to boycott any company that does not want a connection with the NRA. To stop the lunacy, we have to take a stand somewhere. If you think that GOA and other small groups are going to stop it, you are misinformed and clueless. They do not have a fraction of the pull that has been developed by the NRA.

You will find the rhetoric you are looking for over at 24 Hour Campfire.

Can someone make me list....I can't remember everything that I am supposed to be boycotting these days??
Everyone feel free to send me their Yeti's...I'll pay the shipping!

Should be interesting to see this tiff develop. What some here view as 'concrete' proof might just be YETI watering down it's anti 2A crowd appeasement conviction.

DbfaPSWUQAAm8n8.jpg:large

As someone who uses Orion Coolers and as a Benefactor donor to the NRA, this entire debacle is curious to watch from afar.

I serve as a volunteer to an organization that was given the same new discount program as Friends of the NRA. Many other groups who work with said cooler company at the center of this controversy were given the same options.

Of all the groups who were given these options under the new discount purchasing program, only one group I'm aware of has decided to burn said cooler company at the stake. For what reasons, and to what end, I'm still scratching my head.

Carry on ........

Yeti declined requests for additional information about the number and names of the other organizations that benefited from the defunct discount program. The company also declined to specify whether the NRA will still benefit from discounts on Yeti products.

Interesting how the media works...

Democrat slanted media outlets are eagerly proclaiming Yeti cut ties with the NRA to join the anti law abiding gun owners, "gun control" interests.
Republican slanted media outlets are eagerly proclaiming Yeti cut ties with the NRA to join the anti law abiding gun owners, "gun control" interests.

Yeti declines to share the "other" organizations it allegedly removed/modified discounts. Yeti lucky they opted to withdraw from their IPO intent earlier this year... Meh, if people spend $$$ on a overpriced quality cooler, well, it is what it is. The world of lobbyists within our country and the handshakes / middle fingers of the PR world.

Great explosive Youtube Yeti coolers though :)

Basically this is the R&D PR campaign to saddle sides.

Except it's not. The Wyss Foundation - for example - is based in the United States and is managed by a BOD that live in this country. The NRA issue is about how the Russians helped influence the US elections and support the NRA with direct donations from out of country to a dark money political action committee. Very separate issues.

So, The Russians, according to Lamb, are supporting the NRA (with dark money. Is there light money?)and, in effect, the 2nd amendment.....Hmmmm. This gets curioser and curiouser. And the NRA BOD does not live in this country?

Harley, You'll have to tell us when all of this reaches the level of Bats--t. But I think we are close

Liberal media was hoping to lump Yeti in with all the other orgs dumping the NRA. Conservative media wanted another punching bag in the outrage playpen.

Seems pretty clear to me that Yeti wasn't taking an ideological stance against the NRA, so I'll continue to casually not buy their products as opposed to agressively avoiding them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back