Nebraska Mule Deer Hunt

Bigmuley

Has anyone out there mule deer hunted in the Metcalf WMA in Nebraska. Its about 12mi N of Hay springs. I have hunted in Chadron next to Hay Springs in 2006 and took a Mule Deer. I am looking at public ground, and they have alot of it. i have all the nat. forest maps, google etc... However, we will only have 4 days flying in from Ga. to do it. Metcalf is isolated away from all the other public land. but i know it is not a secret. Just looking for a lead on the mule deer population in that area. I know their may be some whitetails. Also, what do you guys think of the Oglala grasslands north of Crawford.

Havent been out to Metcalf but I have chased antelope in the grasslands quite a bit. If I was looking to get a mule deer that is where I would go. There is quite a bit of good walk in land north of crawford and there are some out of the way walk in areas SE of Harrison that don't get as much pressure as the large pieces of property near the highways. Don't overlook Ft. Robinson either. It's big and doesnt have that many roads.

I grew up in Chadron. Metcalf gets hit hard during rifle season. Are you guys going to be rifle, muzzy, or archery hunting makes a huge difference from season to season. If you have some ?'s shoot me a PM and i will see what i can do to help.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back