MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

New Stock for my Tikka

MinnesotaHunter

I have had my Tikka T3 (7mm Rem Mag) since 2005. I loved the way the rifle shot and enjoyed carrying it. The only thing I didn't like was the plastic stock it came with, so I decided to give it a facelift.

I ordered one of the new Bell and Carlson Medalist stocks ($236) for it, and a set of Talley Lightweight aluminum rings ($45). They came in the other day. It was really easy to swap out stocks and I was impressed with the tight fit of the stock and aluminum bedding block. I remounted the Leupold VX-2 with the new rings and headed to the range. To be honest I didn't get much more accuracy out of the rifle, but the feel of the rifle was better, and the recoil seemed a little better managed with the new stock. And if nothing else I think the gun looks way better. If you have a T3 I would highly reccomend the B&C Medalist stock to give a good gun a little better feel.

Tikka T3 (BC Stock 2)(U).jpg
Tikka T3 (BC Stock 3)(U).jpg
Tikka T3 (BC Stock)(U).jpg

Did you happen to weigh both the factory stock and the B&C stock? I do like the new look.

It has always been a good shooting gun. I normally shoot Hornady 154grn Interbonds out of it, which it groups into 3/4-1" as long as I do my part. This would be shooting in the prone, off of sandbags. I have tried 4 different factory loads out of it (Winchester loaded Accubonds 160grn, Fusions 150grn, Federal loaded TSX 160grn and the Hornadys). The best was the Hornadys and Fusions @ 3/4 and the worst were the Accubonds at about 1 1/4"-1 1/2". I think I am going to try out the Federal Trophy Bonded Tipped before this coming fall.

1_Pointer, I didn't. I should have. I guess I was too excited to get out to the range with it. I will get you the total weight of the gun tonight and subtract the weight of the scope and rings to try and figure it out without taking the stock back off. Just from handling both I would say the difference is negligable.

Thanks! Just curiosity on my part as on another board, the weights posted weren't as comparable as I'd have thought they would be.

I love the look! You may have inspired me to spend some money.

I have the T3 Lite and I shoot the Trophy Bonded Tips and love them! I started shooting the Trophy Bonded Bearclaws and didn't see much of a change in the newer Ballistic Tips. I shoot great groups when locked down, 3/4" range. They also have great knock down power at longer ranges. I shot a moose a couple years ago, one shot at 364 yards, and he only traveled about 15'.

So, the rifle as it is weights in at exactly 7 lbs 0 oz. Minus the VX-2 3-9x40 (12oz) and the Talley lightweight rings (1.5oz), puts the rifle at 6 lbs 2.5 oz. Factory specs put the stainless lite at 6 lbs 3 oz, so I dropped .5 oz........

Either way a 7 pound rifle isn't too bad. And with the new stock it feels better in my hands and it seems to manage the recoil better, so I am pretty happy with this little winter project. Can't wait to bring it out to WY this fall.

So, the rifle as it is weights in at exactly 7 lbs 0 oz. Minus the VX-2 3-9x40 (12oz) and the Talley lightweight rings (1.5oz), puts the rifle at 6 lbs 2.5 oz. Factory specs put the stainless lite at 6 lbs 3 oz, so I dropped .5 oz........

M.H.
Would you happen to have the wieght on the OEM Tikka stock by itself ? Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice looking rifle. If I decide to get another Tikka I might have to go that route.
Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back