Episode #7 - MT archery elk

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This week is an archery elk hunt in the Missouri River Breaks of central Montana. Lots of elk, plenty of hunters, and lots of public land to chase these elk.

Matt, who is the quality control supervisor at Otis Technologies, lucked out and drew his MT elk/deer combo license with no points, then drew the archery tag for the Breaks with no points.

His luck went down hill after that. He broke his foot over the summer. Was allowed to take his walking cast off a few days before flying to Montana. Then, we got the hottest elk hunting weather I have ever experienced in Montana.

Was a ton of fun. We worked our tails off and Matt's chance finally came.

After this episode, the first seven of the year will repeat, then followed by new episodes starting in late September.

I've got a DVR full of unwatched OYOA. Going to have to check out the new season one of these days.

Wow, two more rifle elk hunts. I haven't got much work done since I watched your Colorado OTC Elk hunt, I have been researching hunts the whole time. I think the trip from Missouri to Colorado is going to happen next fall. I can't wait to see the new episodes!

Hey BF, how about the link to the written hunt recap (or where I can find it on here). I really like reading your description of the hunt before I watch it. Thanks.

Back