Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT. Girl's First Buck (Pics)

Nemont

I looked forward to the Montana Hunting season because it would be the first time one of my kids was old enough to pack a gun and have a chance to shoot. All of them have been with me many times hunting but this was the first season I could help them kill game. One nice thing about Montana is that the state gives the first year hunters, who pass hunters safety, their licenses and deer tag free of charge to encourage kids to get out and hunt.

Here is the Huntress eating breakfast while trying to find a deer. This is after hiking a few miles into the breaks
AlaciaHuntress_0001.jpg

Doesn't she look thrilled.

We hunted hard but never did find a buck for her. The next time out we decided that maybe we needed more help with the spotting duties.

Hey little man! Are you having fun spotting deer for your sister?
AlaciadeerKaleb_0001.jpg

He kept telling me, "Dad there are deer in the bottom of that coulee". I keep glassing through the binos. and mumble, "UmmHmm, that's nice." Thinking there were not any deer and he was just seeing things. Daughter says "dad there really are deer down in the bottom of that coulee". I guess you need young eyes and team work to find them.

The deer spotting crew.
Alaciadeerspotting2_0001.jpg

AlaciaDeerSpotting1_0001.jpg

No deer that day but great memories were made. Both of them were snoozing in the pickup when I stopped and took this pic.
AlaciaHuntingsunset_0001.jpg

All too soon the last day of the season was upon us and still no critter for the huntress. So we decided to head to some more remote parts of Eastern Montana and try to find a buck. As stated before we finally find a buck feeding on a hillside about 600 yards away. We work around about 8 does that are between us and end up on a ridge opposit of the buck. I take out my lazer range finder and range him at 281 yards. The huntress puts down the bipod and gets a steady rest and asks me to range him again. Still says 281 yards. She settles in, the buck is perfectly broadside and she squeezes off a shot. End of hunting season.

Success and a happy huntress!!! An even Happier Dad!!!

AlaciaDeer4_0001.jpg

Alaciadeer2_0001.jpg

AlaciaDeer3_0001.jpg

alaciadeer1_0001.jpg

Now the works Starts but it hardly seems like work.
AlaciaDeerdrage2_0001.jpg

AlaciaDeerWork_0001.jpg

The most rewarding hunting I have ever had the privilege of being a part of.

Nemont

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back