Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

TurkeyEye and traditional

Nut

TE has a longbow that Bill M and his wife Linda got him. He pratices with it as much as possible. I do a little but I keep hitting my arm with the string. What am I doing wrong?

Here is a couple of pics of TE

TE3.jpg

TE3a.jpg

Nice pics Nut. TE, you have some dirt on your face, you should wash that off.
biggrin.gif
Nut, if it hits you are on the forearm, try arching your arm out a little bit. Hope that helps ya.
biggrin.gif

your form is off. try a slight bend in the bow arm, dont fully lock at the elbow. The other thing is feet position. your chest is too parallel with your bow arm. If your shooting with your bow in the left hand, put your right foot out in front of you about 4" in front of your other foot. this will create a bigger gap between you arm and the string. If you prentend your at full draw and then put that foot out you will see what i mean. Its a good form to practice if you hunt in cold weather and wear bulky clothes on your arm. In the picture of Turkeyeye you can see his torso slightly turned in to the bow, thats what will happen with the foot deal and cure the problem .Hope this helps

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-30-2002 21:01: Message edited by: schmalts ]</font>

It looks as if you also need to straighten your back a little, your back should be almost if not straight up and down. You are leaned into your bow..
I had problems with my longbows for a long time until I paid a guy to show me what I was doing wrong. A compound bow, you pull, hold and aim.
A long bow you pull/aim/shoot in one fluid motion.
Takes a little getting used to, but gets better with practice...
biggrin.gif

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back