Wyoming elk with Spitz

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
The next two weeks are episodes that are the elk hunt I did with Spitz last year in Wyoming. Since it was such a cool hunt, we were able to make two really good episodes from it. If any of you get a chance to hunt with Spitz, take advantage of the opportunity. One of the best guys around and always upbeat and optimistic. Thanks, Mike.

Air times each week are:

Thursday 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM
Friday 11:30 AM
Tuesday 7:30 AM
(Mountain Times)

Hope you like it as much as I do.

freshtracks-windywyoming.jpg

If you want to read the entire hunt story, you can find it at this link.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=257017

One of my favorite pictures of the six years we've produced this show. It encapsulates everything about this hunt, and other similar hunts; great friends, hard-working camera guys, the labor of hauling out loads of meat and antlers; pretty much everything public land elk hunting entails.

IMG_1938-001.JPG

Randy, you're too kind . . . and so easily bribed with DQ!

If only every elk hunt could turn out like this one did! I can't wait to do it again.

Very nice! Look forward to the show - I find the write up and pictures as thrilling as the show and a a two part episode? Good stuff!
Grats again guys on a great hunt!

He's alright.... Did he wear those thong style underware when elk hunting? That's all he wore when we were hunting Oryx. Kind of a distraction but when hunting with Moosie everything seems to be a distraction.

Can't wait to watch the show. Sounds like a good one.

I'm hoping to capture some "special" video of Spitz here in a few weeks............................

Two words, "Cot Cam"

Looking forward to watching this tonight....(Calculating math in my head)...... Sunset is 18:40 tonight, plus 30 minutes for shooting light, so I will be out of the treestand and back in the house in plenty of time!

If that doesn't make a guy want to lace em' up and go after some elk with the rifle I don't know what will! Great episode and beautiful bull!!! Looking forward to pt. 2.

Great episode and it gets me excited to chase more elk. However, I have to say.... Spitz you are a crazy man. I am not sure how the next episode will finish out, but how can you pass on an elk like that? I have covered many miles in Montana and Wyoming looking for elk, and I wouldn't have wasted one second before I was shooting at that bull.

Best of luck!

My day's work starts at 0315 everyday. My bedtime is 830 pm, except on Thursdays. Randy, do you realize that you're the only person who makes me deviate from my sleeptime? LOL Worth every minute of it!! Great show....living the good life through your exploits. Thanks.

ID Bugler, I adapt to the conditions at the time of the hunt. If I recall, you and Moosie were sporting loin cloths for most of that adventure. And we went 2 for 2 on the oryx, so it obviously workedike a charm!

Dinkshooter, I'm looking forward to chasing some CO deer here in the near future. As for the "cot cam", I hope you get your money up front from any subscribers. It sure is too bad your old neighbor is t still around. . .

GearJunky, if you'd have asked me the evening Randy shot that bull, I'd have agreed with you. We were all pleasantly surprised at the ground growth as we walked up to that bull. My envy wasn't too long lived though . . .;)

I'm hoping to capture some "special" video of Spitz here in a few weeks............................

Two words, "Cot Cam"

How do you like your double cot? Does the ridge in the middle get uncomfortable?

235717_ts.jpg

Big Fin & Mark, what a great episode, you two remind me of my hunting partner and myself . Mark for you to get the first shot and then pass it to Randy shows the to sportsman you both are! I'm really looking for to part two!

Back