Fresh Tracks in Wyoming

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
We're too tired to type and my internet connection here is abysmal, so pics will have to tell the depth of the story until I get home in a few days and provide more details. This abbreviated version of the story will be told "Oak style" with added story line.

On the first day of our Wyoming elk hunt, it snowed. And then the wind blew. And it was cold. We saw five bulls. All five pointers or raghorns. No dead elk.
IMG_1894.JPG

On the second day of our Wyoming elk hunt, the wind blew. It was even colder. Spitz spotted a bull way up on the mountain, but couldn't tell how big it was before it disappeared. We hiked our butts off and since Spitz was looking for a "big one" I decided this one should be a TV star. We had to take him out in two loads. This was the last load.
IMG_1938.JPG

On the third day of our Wyoming elk hunt, the wind blew. It was really cold. I spotted a group of four bulls. By the time I could get over to Spitz and we returned to the rock I was glassing from, the elk had disappeared in the timber. When I told Spitz one of them would qualify as "big," he seemed disappointed they were no longer there.

On the third evening of our Wyoming elk hunt, the wind was still blowing. We went to the rock where I had spotted the elk earlier. On the way there I saw six bulls. One was "big". Spitz agreed. He shot it. We almost died getting it off the mountain. Spitz was happy. Fin was happy. Brad, "the backcountry badass" cameraman was really happy.
IMG_1955-001.JPG

The End..

Very nice. The one you shot almost looks bigger than the one Spitz shot in the pictures. I really like the whale tail on yours. A couple very nice ones for sure.

This season with Fresh Tracks has had the crew off in internet poor areas unlike some of the seasons of OYOA filming. I sort of miss the daily or multiple times a day updates, but still look forward to the telling of the story of the trip in word and photo.

Great success on finding and downing some very fine bulls. Glad you could make them TV stars.

PS: is it my imagination, or is Spitz doing the Benjamin Button aging thing??

Wind in Wyoming? Shocking.

Great looking bulls for both of you! I can't wait to cash in my points over there at some point.

As much as I love Montana and our long seasons, I can't help but daydream about what Wyoming has to offer. What an amazing state across the board with animals and opportunity.

Solid late season bulls! Not sure but I think the wind blows harder in that spot than anywhere else I've been in WY.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back