Wy Wilderness very dangerious?

nylogger

Most if not all of Wyoming Wilderness is public land. Why is it OK for a nonresident to hike and camp in there. But to dangerous for a NR to carry a gun and hunt. Does any other state have this reg.

Most if not all of Wyoming Wilderness is public land. Why is it OK for a nonresident to hike and camp in there. But to dangerous for a NR to carry a gun and hunt. Does any other state have this reg.
Hmm... Interesting way of putting it. I agree with the sentiment behind the question.

You'll get hurt hunting the rugged Wyoming wilderness. Now stop asking stupid questions and write a check to your favorite Wyoming outfitter.

Been there done that. It's just the concept of paying federal tax for land that I can't use.

Think its a terrible law too.They limit out of staters pretty well with tag numbers so not sure why they need to do this too.Funny how I can be dropped off in the middle of Ak with no problem, but can't step foot into wilderness areas of Wy
I think you can go in with residents though, right??I thought there was a way to hunt with a resident in wilderness areas;not sure

The wilderness restriction is stupid. Just a way to gaurantee our outfitters business, rather than make them advertise for themselves.

As for finding a way around it, cal the GF and see. Not sure on it though.

The other option is just don't hunt in Wilderness units. Great hunting in many places that don't have that stipulation.

Back