Jackson, WY Elk 2023 winterkill?

TN VOL

Hey guys..my son and I are thinking of doing a wilderness guided elk hunt south of Jackson, WY..I know the deer got hit hard for this past winter, are the elk doing ok? Mostly looking at hunting the WY range units: 92, 94, 85, 86. Thanks for any feedback!

I’m not sure on the migration routes of the elk where there are coming from to access the feeding grounds, but they’ve had a supplemental feeding program and Jackson for years. It’s a tourist attraction.

Hey guys..my son and I are thinking of doing a wilderness guided elk hunt south of Jackson, WY..I know the deer got hit hard for this past winter, are the elk doing ok? Mostly looking at hunting the WY range units: 92, 94, 85, 86. Thanks for any feedback!
None of those units (or any units south of jackson)have wilderness, elk doing good and why would you need/want a outfitter that has openings still to hunt public lands?

Elk are doing well. Winter didn't get them, but hunters sure did well filling late season cow tags last fall with the early winter. It was amazing to see how many elk were staging adjacent to winter range and on the National Elk Refuge in early November with still a few weeks of season left. Some incredible bulls!

None of those units (or any units south of jackson)have wilderness, elk doing good and why would you need/want an outfitter that has openings still to hunt public lands?
True..I’ve done diy hunts..however I don’t have livestock and from what. I’ve been told it’s hard to hunt without horses..

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back