Wild game

Elk, whitetail, duck, goose, javelina, steelhead, kokanee Need to do some processing and smoking whenever we warm up a little and I feel like going outside and firing up the smoker.

Just about out of whitetail since I didn't fill that tag this year, Some Elk, a little Bear, (had some ham made, its great), Pheasant, walleye, perch, & salmon, I have one freezer completely empty, one 98% empty and one 2/3 full (upright). BUT, will be going on a Bison Hunt a week from Friday in Custer State Park in South Dakota (Non-Trophy Bull - 2 1/2 year old) with great hopes of filling at least one of the other freezers. Have a CO 3rd rifle season hunt planned for November 2017 with some great friends (7 of us) and we always divide up the elk harvested between the group (usually 50% or better success). So things are potentially looking up on the freezer side of the ledger.

Elk, mule deer, whitetail, 2 huns, a few brookies and 1 bear roast left.

Non wild we've got about 3/4 of a 4-H pig.

Zero game meat in my freezer. Having gone through radiation and chemo treatments during the season so I couldn't get out. I now have you go through a second round which I hope to be able to make it out for a spring bear, I'm not going to be picky on the size of it. So beef, pork and chicken is all I got. I do have some walleye and splake kicking around.

Whitetail, a few packs of mule deer, antelope sausage, some squirrel, wild turkey , various fish, a few pounds of moose burger, a pig my father-in-law raised/butchered, some local raised beef. I'm pretty slim on all of it though. This is the first year since I started hunting I didn't tag a deer in Ohio.

SE Wyoming sucks for bird hunting.

Oh c'mon BuzzH, it's not all that bad! Every time I went out this year birds were in the bag, yea yea some might be planted birds from the state but hell, taste the same! Another reason I don't mind living in SE Wyo is we're so close to great bird hunting. Short drives to NE and KS, do it often and love it! But we are lacking on the crappie and have yet to find a solid Walleye hole here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hxny
Back