MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wild game

JCS

A friend of my wife was getting some ice out of our freezer. When she opened the freezer a package of deer meat fell out. She asked what is that. I told her. She then asked what else I had in my freezer. I started making a list of wild game for her and this is what I had.

Mule deer, whitetailed deer, elk, antelope
rabbit, squirrel
walleye/sauger, perch, crappie, brook trout
turkey, pheasant, sharptail grouse, huns, dove

After looking it over, I cant believe how much different kinds of wild game that was in my freezer. I live in an game rich area.

What does everybody else have in their freezer?

Deer, antelope, elk, rabbit, bear, lamb that I butchered, pork that I butchered, trout, bluegill, goose, and some jagermeister

Last edited:
I'll add alligator, swan, oysters, salmon, and sandhill crane to the above.

Lets see...

Surf: Walleye and Northerns from our excursions, Salmon and Halibut gifted to us from some other folks who shared their catch.

Turf: Antelope, moose, whitetail, mule deer, and down to the very last package or two of mountain goat.

Poultry: Ducks, geese, a swan, cranes, sharptails, huns, pheasants, turkey.

Salmon, halibut, Pollock, grey cod, black rockfish, perch, smallmouth bass, trout.

Moose, elk, pronghorn, whitetail deer, and a couple wild turkey breasts.

A friend of my wife was getting some ice out of our freezer. When she opened the freezer a package of deer meat fell out. She asked what is that. I told her. She then asked what else I had in my freezer. I started making a list of wild game for her and this is what I had.

Mule deer, whitetailed deer, elk, antelope
rabbit, squirrel
walleye/sauger, perch, crappie, brook trout
turkey, pheasant, sharptail grouse, huns, dove

After looking it over, I cant believe how much different kinds of wild game that was in my freezer. I live in an game rich area.

What does everybody else have in their freezer?

I'll trade you anything for those huns!

Elk, antelope, mule deer, sheep, caribou, moose, chukar and crappie.

Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer, Black Bear, Moose, Canada Geese, Home-raised Chickens, Beef and store-bought pork.

Antelope, mule deer, one pack of elk :(, two geese, some teal, a mallard, and a sharpie.

A pile of smoked and simply frozen rainbows

Oh, and a pile of veggies from the garden.

Just deer and pheasant at the moment. Usually have some duck and rabbit too but not at the moment.

Antelope, whitetail, elk, little bit of bear, lion, and a bunch of home made hog sausage at the moment.

Salmon, halibut, Pollock, grey cod, black rockfish, perch, smallmouth bass, trout.

Moose, elk, pronghorn, whitetail deer, and a couple wild turkey breasts.
I need to bring my dog out so we can get some wild poultry in your freezer(s)! :)

That bit of travel pales to what it takes me to get to WY anyway. Besides, there's always room in the freezer for some sage grouse!!! :D

Plenty of mule deer and whitetail cut up and fully processed. About 50 pounds of whitetail that needs to be made into jerky and sausage. Some wild pig and dove. Some halibut and salmon from my Alaska trip. Might go out and shoot some quail this weekend, but doubt they will make it to the freezer.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back