Christmas baked goods gone to waste

perma

To preface this, my wife has a tradition where her family bakes a metric ton of baked goods. We are tasked to box them and ship them out before Christmas after we collect a list of folks who would want them.

My wife asked her coworkers and subordinates what they wanted. There is a specific individual who asked for it, gave her his address and acknowledged that they were being shipped. Package was delivered on the 21st of Dec, shipped on the 18th. She got the UPS delivery confirmation.

Today, we get a knock on the door from UPS. Package was rejected and shipped back to us. The new shipping label says January 21st. I thought maybe he sent us something back. Nope, moldy goods. No choice to toss them.

Putting aside the fact that she’s my wife; but she worked 3 days on this project that she does every year and is a damn good scratch baker.

Im appalled to have received this package a month later. I can’t currently decide if this guy is a bonafide asswipe or if UPS royally screwed up. My current theory is this guy accepted it, let it sit on the counter for weeks and decided to return it, but I can’t understand why someone would do that.

A lot of people won’t eat food that wasn’t cooked or made by them. I’m careful about who I give snack sticks/jerky to because I don’t want it wasted. If someone gave my wife a bag of jerky, she wouldn’t eat it. She would bring it home for me and I’d try it.

I would say it either got delivered to the wrong address or it was marked as delivered by the UPS driver and never made it to the recipient. It was mainly USPS, but UPS and Fedex will occasionally get my address mixed up with another in my subdivision. The package will show up as delivered but it doesn't make it to my porch until the next day.

A lot of people won’t eat food that wasn’t cooked or made by them. I’m careful about who I give snack sticks/jerky to because I don’t want it wasted. If someone gave my wife a bag of jerky, she wouldn’t eat it. She would bring it home for me and I’d try it.
Yup, I gift out a lot of that stuff and in my head I'm like you better be eating this stuff ya f#$kers! Cost me about $1200 per lb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back