Why I'll never consider a BowTech

Oak, I made my own bow out of a two by four. :D

:D Don't know if there are equally offensive shows sponsored by Mathews, but I'll bet there are some high fence hunting douchebags sponsored by them. Hard to find any top of the line product out there that isn't sponsoring something offensive.

I guess you're picking on Bowtech, because the name of something was Bowtech's Western Extreme, so the whole problem is with Bowtech.

You sure are quick on the uptake Tom

I wrote a letter to the moron that owns the Sportsman channel. In it I told him I was offended by most his programming because it was passing game farms off like average hunts. If their hunting on a game farm I would appreciate not being lied to. Call a spade a spade or in most a cases a livestock ridden animal being shot for sport and ego. The only shows I like anymore are the predator shows, those aren't high fence but given time I suppose that too will be mutated.
Greeny, you should know by now that before you go to bed drink lots of water and take vitamin D in mass dosage to smooth over the hang over.

Its not just Bowtech and it would be worse if all they showed was predator hunting in my opinion. Those predator hunters don't even eat what they shoot.

Its not just Bowtech and it would be worse if all they showed was predator hunting in my opinion. Those predator hunters don't even eat what they shoot.

I am sure Greenhorn has eaten a few cougars and bobcats...... And may have video

I keep waiting for the Texas Safari Show where they chase those "big something or other".;) :D

I probably wouldn't have bothered commenting had the douchebag made it clear he was in a high-fence area. There's no making Bumsworse any less of a fag, but it might help to let BowTech know hunters are not impressed. There's an idea. :D

Miller, Although not recognized by Boone and Crockett, Bozeman has a good walrus population. Just thought you'd appreciated knowing that.

GH, I agree with the high fence thing. I've seen several of those shows recently where they were hunting elk inside fences and just said something like, "the herd on Douchbag Ranch is managed for high quality bulls." :rolleyes:

Miller, I actually saw one of those shows the other day. I meant to remember the name of it and post here, but forgot. The guy was hunting them with a handgun, and shot the thing about 4 times over the span of a couple of hours before killing "it". I think it may have been in Oklahoma.

Looks like Greeny wasn’t the only one offended. There are threads going on Bowsite and ArcheryTalk about this show. Some people even think the bull was drugged.

The bull was tame enough that after 2 arrows it just stood there looking at him until in collapsed. Never an attempt to run, walk or anything. Guy sure loves shooting tame crap.

I don't think it was tame, I think it was drugged. Remember that scumbag Jimmy Houston on that big fence hunt. They had to stand that one deer up twice so it could be shot.

Maybe lobby for something like the cigarette warning sign, how would that be with you anti-fence guys?

"WARNING: The douchbag on this douchbag show on a douchbag ranch, shot it with some douchbag equiptment. Douchbags watch at your own risk. Filmed by douchbags."

That might support real hunting, eh?

How about if they want to hunt game farms just tell everyone that this is how they get their wall hangers, and state their totally incompetent to find, let alone kill a wild animal. So they need this service because their a douchebag.
Most douchebags don't have the patience to maybe go without harvesting anything, and need instant gratification to keep the desire alive in what they consider hunting. Either that or their egos are so large that the thought of them not getting something is not an option. Filmed hunts on game farms trivialize what hunting gives to the average sportsman, and takes away form the real feelings one gets out of pursuing wild, free ranging animals.

I'll take Gordon Eastmans flicks like "High Wild and Free", and "Challenging the Northwest Territories" over 99.9% of the crap that is out there today.

Maybe lobby for something like the cigarette warning sign, how would that be with you anti-fence guys?

"WARNING: The douchbag on this douchbag show on a douchbag ranch, shot it with some douchbag equiptment. Douchbags watch at your own risk. Filmed by douchbags."

That might support real hunting, eh?

Tom:

Gotta hand that one to you. It is a classic. It would get my vote.

Greenhorn:

Did you start the same thread over at Bowsite.com? They are flaming the hell out of each other over there on the thread called "Western Extremes."

Damn troublemaker, you.

I tuned into the bubba channel a while back and some guys were hanging out at a lake waiting for the outfitter to show up. I thought the area looked familiar, then in steps Bryan Martin, the outfitter. Don't remember the name of the show, but guy was goat hunting, and at the last minute, let's the video guy know that he has a tag for him and it's his goat to shoot. Other than the gay staged slow-mo part of the hunters and guides hiking up to the downed goat, it was ok. At least it was fair chase, not a high fence hunt. Anyone else see this video?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back