Dall Sheep
Desert Sheep
Mt Goat anywhere
Grizzly with a bow
Caribou
Mt Lion
Cape Buffalo and Impala in Africa
I know that the Grizz and Africa are not OYO but in my dreams for sure

Mt Goat...home state would be great, since I'm not in a position to apply other places.
A deer I can't fit in a daypack and carry out. In one trip. By myself.
An elk, preferably with my Dad along. (I've sucked at this since I moved to ID)
A bear. spot and stalk would be better, but I could be talked into watching a bait pile.
Antelope, I'm thinking this may be the year, I'm hoping Wy is nice to me, since ID won't help.
and, in two more years, my youngest son his first deer, again, hopefully with my dad along, that would make it perfect.

I can think of a sheep tag and an elk tag in Idaho I would do almost anything for, even though the elk quality in the unit has went down some in recent years, its just my favorite country in the state. Arizona elk would be pretty great as well.

Big Horn Sheep
Yukon Moose
Mountain Goat
But most likely I will do my first out of state deer/elk/antelope hunt OYO before I get a chance at any of these.

Wish you could do a OYO Kudu/Sable hunt, that being said...

1) Moose in MT, I like the meat better than beef,
2) Elk/Deer in CNF, at least half of this will happen this year. fingers crossed on the bull tag,
3) 261 MD tag for ME this time, not the kid and
4) Unlikely to happen but Elk in New Mexico/Arizona.

Good luck to everyone out there on achieving at least a few of their dream hunts, everyone deserves one, don't they? :)

1) Kodiak Brown Bear
2) Alaskan Interior Grizzly
3) Alaska Moose
4) Alaska Caribou

3 and 4 are ranked behind the bear hunts only because I've hunted and shot both species in Alaska already, adn hope to again soon. The bear hunts are dreams because I'm a meat hunter mostly, so I'd never pass on a moose/bou hunt to hunt bear; can't afford the time or expense to hunt both in the same year.

Good luck to all on achieving most of your dream hunts!

It doesn't matter the species but I've always dreamed of Hunting my way through the Rockies with my horse and a pack, hunting and moving, hunting and moving. Kind of being a Nomad with tags.

Today that would be hard with LE draws and Game units and state lines complicating things. But with a Region Mule deer tag and a General Elk Tag I could do that in a smaller scale as long as I had a Wyoming Resident with me...

It is my dream to some day hunt for something in Alaska.

Here is my list of preferred animals to harvest:
1. Moose
2. Any of the big sheep
3. Elk
4. Pronghorn
5. Mule Deer

Dream List

Yukon Moose with bow
Mexico Mule Deer over 30 inches with Bow
New Zealand pig with knife (trout fishing afterward)
Buffalo County WI whitetail over 180 with bow
Arizona Elk on a reservation

Reality Hunts
Area 119 WY mule deer (only a few more points - 20)
Area 7 WY elk hunt (2 or 3 more points
Red Desert pronghorn ( many more points , but doable)

- hitman

Who knows how many of these will happen, but it's worth a savings account and a few crossed fingers.

1. New Zealand Stag
2. Rocky Mtn. Bighorn archery
3. Desert Bighorn
4. Colorado High Country Muley Archery
5. Wyoming Antelope Archery
6. Kyrgystan Marco Polo Sheep

1. Alaska Moose/ Brown Bear combo
2.Mt Bighorn
3.Mt Mountain Goat
4.New Mexico Elk
- This is tentative lol so we'll see in the future.

My dream OYO adventure would be an pack in elk hunt during the rut in any one of a number of trophy archery elk units. I'll probably keep rifle hunting until I kill a bull and then try archery gear.

Any opportunity to get into the back country. Of course seeing lots of game and hunting during the rut would be great.

Mine will seem trivial to many on here. Out of all the critters I've arrowed over the years, I've NEVER bowhunted whitetail.........and I want one a mature representative bad. I've been willing to trade info for a spot, etc...........still has never worked out. Don't feel like paying an outfitter/guide lots of money to hunt them either. So it has remained a dream hunt for me while reality brings me to public land to hunt Western critters every year.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back