Caribou Gear

What's Your Dream OYO Hunt?

Chugach Dall sheep
DCUA Dall sheep
Missouri Breaks bighorn
AZ or NM elk
Bison (UT, AZ, MT, AK)
An opportunity at a really big mule deer - not sure where

Might as well toss in AZ or NV desert bighorn while I'm dreaming....

Last edited:
My dream hunts are all archery.

1- Float trip for moose in Alaska
2- Burying an arrow in a buffalo
3- Bugling in a 6x6 P&Y bull and smoking him, mid scream.

Funny thing, I have never had the urge to kill anything that can easily kill me. (Polar bear, Griz, certain Africa game, etc.)

In descending order:

1. Montana breaks ram
2. Alaska caribou/moose
3. New Zealand red stag/elk
4. MT Bears Paw elk
5. New Mexico or Arizona elk
6. Alaska dall sheep

Number 6 will probably never happen, but I hope to make all the rest happen, someday. Just gotta build the points and squirrel away the cash...

Mine is trivial, but has been a dream of mine forever. Caribou. The migration, the tundra, float planes, Northern lights, some fishing on the side and big double shovels in velvet. OYO. Paired with a moose hunt. That is dreamy!
Rams and sheep are things I can do, and hope to do here, if I ever draw. I just think they are heavenly creatures period.

Whatever I'm hunting now is my dream hunt, and it is always best when I can do it with a friend, family member, buuuuutttttt whenever I'm in the Missouri Breaks I'm where I really want to be. And, I really love any kind of bird hunting too. I don't need to go to far-away places and kill a bunch of stuff I'll never eat. Give me a reasonable chance at a decent deer, any edible elk, and a weed patch full of pheasants and my son there with me and I'm in Heaven.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back