What has hunting become?

Call'm. 406-586-7825

Get that warm fuzzy feeling of doing good when you squeeze the trigger.

P1030010_zpsbe3419e0.jpg

What happened to Miss Kitty's?
Closed for a while. I heard GH uses an old Love Ewe as a decoy to hide behind when he calls in those huge elk. :D They are a lot cheaper than anything from Montana Decoy.

Last edited:
Oddly enough - my son and I ran into an older fella with two of his friends back at my truck, after foiling an archery antelope stalk. They were looking for moose, and had the MT governor's permit in hand. The moose season opened today and he was parked 250 yards from where I took a moose in 2007. We chatted for a while and my impression was that he was a pretty down to earth, genuine guy. I'm not too terrible at reading people. Come to find out, he's got quite the controversial background on the auction/bounty hunts, elk in particular. I hope he gets a nice one.

The next time that Idaho Fish and Game considers auction tags I'm going to email all of the commissioners a link to this thread.

I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I read Boone and Crockett and see "Picked Up." :p

What has hunting become? Was a time when a man could walk for a year or more. Then it became months. Then weeks. Now we are down to days, if that. In some areas a man can't walk an hour without cutting a road or a place he's not supposed to go. Orange dots everywhere. There is no "Dark and Bloody Hunting Ground" left on the Earth. Folks look like a hybrid Cabela's/Soldier of Fortune catalog/magazine. Whatcha gonna do? Best you can do is not let it happen to you.

Sorry, I've had some wine and I probably shouldn't type. :eek:

Not to stay too far off subject, but it would be nice if old Colorado could at least turn the safety on. I am sure that was shot in a studio somewhere, but come on. This whole thing is such a joke, I hope he had a great time "Harvesting" that buck.

I am not sure if I am disappointed or proud.

Disappointed that a hunter with the Gov. tag could only buy his way to a buck of that caliber.

Proud that no one in Montana went for the money and ratted out the location of a bigger deer.

Antlerradar

That can't really be the deer after all the hoopla? Man, maybe I'll buy the MT auction permit next year. It should go for about seventy five dollars.

episodes-1511.jpg

Colorado Buck has another pic of the deer on his facebook although with a serious long arm perspective. Looks like the family shells out a ton of money for CB or Doyle to lead them around each fall

greenhorn....we can agree on that...nothing wrong w/ the buck, but that one will not raise the price of Montana's Gov. tag to the level of Az., Nv., ect.......

antlerradar.... most folks I know who have hunted Montana for a lifetime have not taken a buck that good, or even close to it, so in reality the deer is "better than average"
.... unfortunately for the deer (but good for the sportsman?) Montana is an "opportunity" state, caring nothing about biological management of deer/elk in general season areas...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back