Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What has hunting become?

Heck, a lot of the folks that come around here asking for favorite spots and big, easy bucks/bulls don't offer anything in return... ;)

I'm with Buzz on this one.

You're making some pretty asinine generalizations here.

I don't care what your store grosses. I don't care what your website says. I don't care how big of a buck you kill.

I care about promoting and perpetuating the fair chase aspect of hunting and the North American model of conservation. Commercialization of the resource only serves to erode the North American model, and your reward poster falls right into that.

Go hunting and use your Governor's tag. And for heaven's sake, learn how to spell.

How does he not see it?

Attachments

• head_in_the_sand-461x307.jpg
    head_in_the_sand-461x307.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 316
I see some people have started up an organized boycott of BVAC. I won't be buying any of their ammo since they are actively furthering the access issues we all face hunting in Montana. If I had wanted to hunt in Texas, I would have moved there. What the OP can't figure out is that he is bringing the Texas model of wildlife management to Montana and that is what has everyone irritated.

Page 7 Mother Texas gnawing. Too slow., keep eating your own. :cool:

If you see a thread you don't like just don't click on it. That's what I do.

Really quite simple.

The fact that you post crap like this and then keep egging it on speaks for your childish behavior. Keep beating the dead horse...you seem to be real good at that.

Wing, do you support your buddies actions? I see you said that as long as it's not against the law go for it, but I'm talking about is different here.

The fact that he's the first to start a pay-per-hunt in the Root will end our mule deer season structure.

You do know that RCF&W ass. was the main push to get her here, and if this kind of behavior continues, we will surely push to pull the plug. We have before.

Is that what you want?

This dude claims to be a conservationist because of the money he's paying out to hunt a premium unit, this is after the fact and he does not have the understanding that the conservation work had already taken place, his actions are the end result of that conservation effort.

He had nothing to do with the real work. The precedent he's setting by offering to pay fees for a quicky trophy will not sit well with the rank and file hunters that are the true conservationists.

This horse is a long ways from beat to death. This will continue until we ban this type of activity, or kill the quality hunting in the Root.

To sacrifice hunting deer here so the natives, and big shots can run amok on our trophy deer and then through it in your face leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I sent this dudes outfit e-mails introducing myself and the organizations that I am a member of and asked him if we could meet to talk about his company supporting true conservations efforts at both our local level and the state legislature.

Crickets was all I heard back. Some conservationsist!

Wing, do you support your buddies actions? I see you said that as long as it's not against the law go for it, but I'm talking about is different here.

The fact that he's the first to start a pay-per-hunt in the Root will end our mule deer season structure.

You do know that RCF&W ass. was the main push to get her here, and if this kind of behavior continues, we will surely push to pull the plug. We have before.

Is that what you want?

This dude claims to be a conservationist because of the money he's paying out to hunt a premium unit, this is after the fact and he does not have the understanding that the conservation work had already taken place, his actions are the end result of that conservation effort.

He had nothing to do with the real work. The precedent he's setting by offering to pay fees for a quicky trophy will not sit well with the rank and file hunters that are the true conservationists.

This horse is a long ways from beat to death. This will continue until we ban this type of activity, or kill the quality hunting in the Root.

To sacrifice hunting deer here so the natives, and big shots can run amok on our trophy deer and then through it in your face leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I sent this dudes outfit e-mails introducing myself and the organizations that I am a member of and asked him if we could meet to talk about his company supporting true conservations efforts at both our local level and the state legislature.

Crickets was all I heard back. Some conservationsist!

Just for the record this is not my style of hunting. I'm 100% DIY till I'm dead in the ground. I think some good points have been made but this has turned into a personal attack. If you have a problem with this then you should go after the source being who offers the governors tag. You know darned right well that most governor tags are finished this way.

well,well,well...I leave to pre-condition calves for a few days and this thread turns into a finger pointing, bashing session....I really fail to see how this is "commercializing"...and really, really, REALLY fail to see how this can "kill the quality of hunting in the Root"....

I realize that I live in the far east part of the state, so it is a long way for me to see, but it LOOKS to me like we have a hunter(yes, I dare call him that) who has purchased at auction a tag from the state of Mt, and has then offered a reward to shoot the best buck he can on private land...am I missing something? Do any of you think there is a landowner out there who already does not know the value of wildlife? Do you think this guy just enlightened the state that wildlife has a value?

Is it right that wildlife has a value? Can we legislate morality? However, if we could poll the wildlife in Africa I bet they would all be glad they have a monetary value, for if they did not, wildlife would not exist there anymore.

Eric Albus;2381967 Is it right that wildlife has a value? Can we legislate morality? However said:
To be fair, wildlife in Africa is a much different ball of wax due to socio-economic reasons instead of conservation reasons.

& Yes, we legislate morality all the time. Thou shall not kill is a moralistic precondition we've set in to statute, for example. Thou shall not drink and drive is another.

Wildlife belongs to everyone, regardless of how well heeled they are or how much land they own.

Somehow that post by Mr. Outfitter himself didn't surprise me one bit seeing as how the vast majority are as big a problem with the commercialization of hunting that there is nowadays!!! Yep, let's talk about the millions of acres that are now tied up by outfitters across the country that effectively eliminate many average people from hunting where they used to hunt for a small fee or exchanged work on a ranch for the right to trespass for a hunt. Nothing is forcing these guys that buy Governor's tags to hire Mossback and his posse and nothing is forcing this guy to put out "want adds" and then claim it's in the name of conservation. Let's just cut to the chase and call it what it is---Game Pimping, pure and simple, and it sucks!!!

Darren has had no association with BVAC for a long time. Better get your facts right.:eek:

According to that Facebook link the boycott is against the ammo store that he said he owns and that had record sales over the weekend. That may change quickly, if it was even true!

topgun, what do you think would happen if all the outfitters in the state were shut down?

The millions of acres? Outfitters were leasing fewer acres in 2010 than were enrolled in Block Management. Approx. 6.2 M. acres leased by outfitters in 2010....and there are roughly 30 million acres of accessible public lands to hunt/fish on...along w/ the 8 million acres of BM?

Since 2010 outfitter acreage has increased, I do not know the exact numbers though.

Back