Trump?

How do you feel about Trump or the other candidates?

• Liking Trump

Votes: 106 55.5%
  • Liking other Republicans

Votes: 55 28.8%
  • Liking one of the Democrats

Votes: 30 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with Randy on what will finally happen.Though I think if Bush and Carson drop out you will see Rubio jump right up there with Trump and most likely beat him.Theres 2 much split on the conservative voters right now to beat out trump.He made a huge error going after GB in the last debate though.If he goes to independent, its an easy Hillary win;God help us all
I think if it was down to 2-3 candidates maybe we could hear real solutions in debates then arguing over whos telling more lies about the other.I think after SC is over you will see some more drop out to tighten up the conservative vote

Fin's auto correct Ben.;)

She's got the whole world, in her hands...

young_hillary_clinton.jpg

A perfect storm is coming together and I am not sure we are still in charted waters. Going to throw a few things out there and tie them up at the end.

A good portion of the typical republican voters are currently fed up with their party establishment and rightly so. Any obvious tampering or interceding by the RNC in this primary( like it hasn't happened already) can ring this parties death knell. In addition to the presidency there are 34 senate seats up for grabs with 24 belonging to republicans.
If RNC ushers Trump out, even without a third party run they disenfranchise even more republican voters( like we aren't already disenfranchised enough). Voters stay home.

Next up: With an open seat on the SCOTUS the ball is Obama court. If he makes the obvious play and nominated a liberal McConnel and company either don't recognize the nominee and vote or it down. The Dems can now beat the obstruction drum to the election. They have a base inderstand that they have made huge inroads via SCOTUS with gay marriage and upholding Obama care. This sets the stage for higher democratic turn out. And lost seats in both house and senate for republicans in addition to higher turn out for whoever they give the nomination to.
SCOTUS senerio two. Some how a nominee like Jane Kelly makes her way to the senate, she might have enough republican support to beat out a fill buster. The republican base becomes even more disengaged after tthis lastest sell out from the establishment. If Trump is in the race at that point he will bang the sell out drum to the nomination, if he was pushed aside already by the RNC republicans can expect record low turn out from their side.

Synopsis: The RNC better really careful how they handle Trump. They have about zero leeway with a sizable portion of their party. They can create a situation where they loose not only the presidency but seats in both the House and Senate.

Back