Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Trump?

How do you feel about Trump or the other candidates?

• Liking Trump

Votes: 106 55.5%
  • Liking other Republicans

Votes: 55 28.8%
  • Liking one of the Democrats

Votes: 30 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VAspeedgoat

This is just for curiosity and I hope it doesn't turn into a childish back and forth. Please try to keep it clean on here so we don't get it shut down......good luck right!

Anyway, over the last few weeks I find myself being closer aligned with Trumps stances on things and was curious how others on here were feeling. Issues like guns, public land, illegal immigration, and free trade are important issues to me and he seems to be the candidate that agrees with my thoughts. I'M NOT SAYING THATS WHO I WOULD VATE FOR, but right now he looks better than some others. So I put together a simple poll to see if any of you guys were starting to look at him differently or if my fellow hunt talkers scoff at the notion.

Again lets try to keep this one clean.

"No" might be the write in winner this year.

I don't know if I could bring myself to vote for the bern, or Hillary, and definitely won't vote for someone who publicly supports the selling of public land. I guess that leaves me with one choice...

I don't have a lot of experience during elections but I can't think of a presidential race with this amount of underwhelming candidates.

WTF? Any people on this site liking ANY Demon-crat??!!

That's just wrong on so many levels.....

I might be confessing some naivety here when I say this, but I sincerely used to have a level of deep faith in the Fourth Estate. It was completely dashed in the run up to the Iraq War. I can't remember all the people who's integrity, morals and patriotism were unfairly impugned for raising questions, losing their jobs, being hinted at as child molesters, and etc. I remember the false gravitas of lap dogs like Charlie Rose being trotted out to fill the gap. I remember the crowning of cable t.v. news, running in the back ground like talk radio used to do, at work places across America. I remember the crowning of the "expert" and the proliferation of talking heads and the embedding with troops.

Did all this happen in the past, like with WWII? Yes. But I wasn't alive back then. I thought we'd moved beyond that with Vietnam and Water Gate and guys like Woodward and Bernstein. I thought we'd have some truth, or seekers of it, out there making sure the wool would never be pulled over the eyes of the stupid people, ever again. Then I see Woodward as one of them, called upon to opine.

Meanwhile, the Patriot Act and the National Defense Authorization Act, and the militarization of the police and British-like cameras on ever corner and the anal probing at air ports are all slipping in under the radar as the media has our attention diverted with stupidity.

This whole scene morphed itself into the gaggle of fools we see on t.v. today. And I see Donald Trump, standing there with a stiff finger, poking those worthless MFRs in the chest with it and I find pure, unadulterated glee in that. He's John Stewart without the humor.

I've given my opinion on the rest of Donald Trump in some other post somewhere. I don't know if that opinion is worth the paper it's not written on. He could be what some people say he is (misogynist, racist, Hitler, blah blah blah), I just don't know. He could be punking every one and, at the last minute, he could give a speech about how this whole thing was an effort to show American citizens just how perverted their system has become, and then go back to his day job. I don't know. And even if he's endeavoring to school the media, it is probably too late. They may be a lost cause. They may not be able to pull themselves back from the brink. They may have gone over the edge. But Donald Trump may be our last great act of defiance, like that mouse flipping off the eagle that's about to kill him. If that's all I've got, then that's good enough for me.

"Go Donald! Distopia is here, we know it, we don't like it, and yeah we are afraid to die so we'll play ball, but just know: FU!"

The point is this: It's a sad fcking state of affairs when the media has lost so much credibility that we question the God's Honest Truth when they tell it. It's like the boy who cried wolf. And the media wonders why us "stupid people" are so in need of a drink from their fount of wisdom; their representation of us, as if they were elected :rolleyes:, when they ask the "tough" :rolleyes: gotcha questions on our behalf, as if they think they are doing us a favor by "just doing their jobs". They don't know what their jobs are, or used to be. And Donald ain't taking their sh*t.

Who will win in the end? Donald or the Media? My money is on the media. And if we had a middle finger emoticon, I'd use it right here:

End rant.

I might be confessing some naivety here when I say this, but I sincerely used to have a level of deep faith in the Fourth Estate. It was completely dashed in the run up to the Iraq War. I can't remember all the people who's integrity, morals and patriotism were unfairly impugned for raising questions, losing their jobs, being hinted at as child molesters, and etc. I remember the false gravitas of lap dogs like Charlie Rose being trotted out to fill the gap. I remember the crowning of cable t.v. news, running in the back ground like talk radio used to do, at work places across America. I remember the crowning of the "expert" and the proliferation of talking heads and the embedding with troops.

Did all this happen in the past, like with WWII? Yes. But I wasn't alive back then. I thought we'd moved beyond that with Vietnam and Water Gate and guys like Woodward and Bernstein. I thought we'd have some truth, or seekers of it, out there making sure the wool would never be pulled over the eyes of the stupid people, ever again. Then I see Woodward as one of them, called upon to opine.

Meanwhile, the Patriot Act and the National Defense Authorization Act, and the militarization of the police and British-like cameras on ever corner and the anal probing at air ports are all slipping in under the radar as the media has our attention diverted with stupidity.

This whole scene morphed itself into the gaggle of fools we see on t.v. today. And I see Donald Trump, standing there with a stiff finger, poking those worthless MFRs in the chest with it and I find pure, unadulterated glee in that. He's John Stewart without the humor.

I've given my opinion on the rest of Donald Trump in some other post somewhere. I don't know if that opinion is worth the paper it's not written on. He could be what some people say he is (misogynist, racist, Hitler, blah blah blah), I just don't know. He could be punking every one and, at the last minute, he could give a speech about how this whole thing was an effort to show American citizens just how perverted their system has become, and then go back to his day job. I don't know. And even if he's endeavoring to school the media, it is probably too late. They may be a lost cause. They may not be able to pull themselves back from the brink. They may have gone over the edge. But Donald Trump may be our last great act of defiance, like that mouse flipping off the eagle that's about to kill him. If that's all I've got, then that's good enough for me.

"Go Donald! Distopia is here, we know it, we don't like it, and yeah we are afraid to die so we'll play ball, but just know: FU!"

The point is this: It's a sad fcking state of affairs when the media has lost so much credibility that we question the God's Honest Truth when they tell it. It's like the boy who cried wolf. And the media wonders why us "stupid people" are so in need of a drink from their fount of wisdom; their representation of us, as if they were elected :rolleyes:, when they ask the "tough" :rolleyes: gotcha questions on our behalf, as if they think they are doing us a favor by "just doing their jobs". They don't know what their jobs are, or used to be. And Donald ain't taking their sh*t.

Who will win in the end? Donald or the Media? My money is on the media. And if we had a middle finger emoticon, I'd use it right here:

End rant.

Well written, I don't think you're alone in your thoughts. I just listened to my father, the most even tempered man I know, say the exact same thing.

Yup.....I believe him until I remember how he got so rich.
And people who start out with more than a helping hand from birth are not usually the ones I see becoming more or a asset to society as a whole.
Never did trust real estate folks,with a few exceptions much.
I might have to do a write in....

Last edited:
I might pull out the "I'm moving to Canada" line that I hear people throw around, lol!

In actuality...sheep tags, elk, bears, moose, goats, mulies, whitetails....maybe I could be a Canadian.

"No" might be the write in winner this year.

I don't know if I could bring myself to vote for the bern, or Hillary, and definitely won't vote for someone who publicly supports the selling of public land. I guess that leaves me with one choice...

I don't have a lot of experience during elections but I can't think of a presidential race with this amount of underwhelming candidates.

That about sums it up for me as well. Randy for president??

End rant.

Well said.

What makes things interesting is Bloomberg talking about making an Independent run. That puts 2 gun grabbers on the ballot and will piss off a lot of gun rights people and may open the way for a Republican pro gun candidate, just on that stance alone.

Last edited:
Has there ever been another presidential candidate to fund his own campaign? Has there every been another candidate to not be politically correct and try to please everyone? The Democrats hate him, & the established republicans hate him because there is a slight chance that he might take away their gravy train. I don't know if he's the right man for the job, and I don't know if he has the ability to lead this country in the times that we are in, But I don't see anyone else that is going to owe favors when elected. I don't see anyone else that tells it how it is weather everyone agree's or not. I think that aspect of him is refreshing in a way. I'm not sure we can change anything in one election. The corruption runs a lot deeper than the office of president. I just hope we can change from the path were on because our current one is an ugly one.

I think the establishment is scared of him because he is not politics as usual and will not play nice with everyone. He is not afraid to call people to the carpet and talk about issues that people don't want to bring up or bring to the forefront. The more he says F the media, the more attention he gets from the media, so I think that is brilliant. I also believe with his experience in running corporations, he can put America back on track in the long run because America needs to be run like a business to put the economy back on track and get people back to work.

Yes the 4 bankruptcies of Trumps corporations are proof of what a good buisnessman he is and how he will get the economy on track.

Yes the 4 bankruptcies of Trumps corporations are proof of what a good buisnessman he is and how he will get the economy on track.

Then he'll be perfect for the USA.... since we are +17 trillion in debt and growing every day. If that's not bankruptcy, then I don't know what is?

good luck to all
the dog

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back