Trophy Room Pics

genesis273

Looking at the post on hunting (field) pics someone had a picture of their living room with very impressive heads on the wall, maybe it was Greenhorn. I would love to see everyones trophy room/living room pics of all the animals that they have. I really want to see the ones from western states, but I don`t want to exclude whitetails. I have a couple deer mounts, a tundra swan, few ducks, and a turkey fan but they are not that impressive. I want to see sheep, goats, moose, elk, bear, ect.
Some of you guys have killed some increadable animals and are very consistant looking at the other thread on field pics.
Another question is, what do you do with the antelope horns after you have already have some mounted. I have boxes of deer antlers and a few european mounts. Do you do the same with antelope horns?

I do not have a specific "trophy room", but here is my house.

trophyroom002.jpg

trophyroom001.jpg

trophyroom003.jpg

trophyroom005.jpg

trophyroom004.jpg

And the garage....

062.jpg

058-2.jpg

060-1.jpg

061-1.jpg

Randy

Where are you getting your pedestals from...not the mount, but the actual pedestal?

OK Elkkill2006, that`s just crazy...but looks good!
I`m envious!

Big Fin, when you first posted that pedistal mount when you got it back I said then that that was the best looking antelope mount that I have ever seen. If I am able to kill one next year I am going to use that mount to show my taxi of what I want. Don`t know if a big 10"er will look as good! :confused:

Last edited:
Randy

Where are you getting your pedestals from...not the mount, but the actual pedestal?

My taxi does some work for a guy in Iowa who has his own grove of black walnut. He cuts the trees and mills the lumber himself, then hand selects the grade. It is some excellent finished lumber.

The taxi then sends the lumber to a woodworker in Superior, MT, who actually builds them by hand. The seams and finish are flawless and they are even better in person than the pics show. I bought three of them at one time, and will be buying more, when I use up the remaining one I have.

If you are interested, I can put you in touch. Not sure how well they would stand up to shipping, as most every piece of fine wood I have ever seen get shipped made you think they drug it along behind the Yellow Freight truck.

Oh yeah, and the terrible part, the price. When I bought 3 of them, the total price was $1,300 for all 3. Almost embarrassed. Not sure if you can find hand cut and select black walnut shipped for that price as raw lumber, let alone assembled in a finished product such as that.

Here is the second guy I have as a pair to this one.
IMG_4474-2.JPG

Hoping to add a third amigo to this group and then buy another batch of pedestals.
IMG_4485-2.JPG

Those are great looking pedestals Randy! Here's a cabinet/pedestal I built for my wife's ram. It has two drawers specially sized for holding all my hunting DVDs.

I love black walnut. In fact I've got about 500 bd/ft that I brought out with me on one of my trips back to Virginia.

Attachments

• March07 261.jpg
    March07 261.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8,863
Started working on mine a few years ago. Hope to add an antelope, mulie and elk next year, although my wife says I've already met my limit of heads. The trout is a new addition. It's a watercolor of a Yellowstone cutthroat I caught in the Park back in '04. My buddy painted it for me a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• P1280085.jpg
    P1280085.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 8,394
  • P1280083.jpg
    P1280083.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 8,711
Greenhorn, you are not allowed to post on this one............there is not enough memory to hold all your pictures, you will overload and crash the site:)...... probably why you haven't posted yet, you can't figure out how to select just a few from the house of death.........LOL

nmtaxi, your son's whitetail mount is gorgeous, is it a coues?

Show offs! LoL! :D

Great rooms guys, some awesome trophies....Here's my 'meager' offerings! My wall of Columbians' with the Columbian Whitetail on the left, all are bow kills as far as big game and Turkey's go...

My Antelope is a CA lope, hard to come by...The Columbain Whitetail, I drew when Oregon opened the season for Archery in 2006, Muley is from Nevada and Blacktails and Waterfowl are all home grown...The Blackbuck and Axis are from Texas and two different trips with the bow.

Attachments

• Sprig.jpg
    Sprig.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 7,804
  • GoldenEye.JPG
    GoldenEye.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 7,756
  • Entrance.jpg
    Entrance.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 7,717
  • CA Lope 1991.jpg
    CA Lope 1991.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 7,774
  • BlackBuck.jpg
    BlackBuck.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 8,149
  • 2005 Bird.jpg
    2005 Bird.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 7,916
  • Main Wall.jpg
    Main Wall.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 7,963
  • Columbians.JPG
    Columbians.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 8,001
  • 08 TX Axis.jpg
    08 TX Axis.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 7,810
Last edited:
Some real nice muleys in the pics.still debating to go or not for them this year.Really like the pedestal mounts Fin has of the antelope.Don't worry too much Chris, you'll have one of your own this year.Probably not as impressive,but I'm pretty sure if you can shoot,you'll get one.Hoping to get an elk big enough for a shoulder mount this year,but I'm really missing a muley
Nice pics

Back