Swarovski NL pure

Is this serious? Just in optics I have 7k or more in my vehicle daily during hunting season. Throw in a $1800 bow or rifle setup and I don’t know how someone could have under $3500 in total hunting stuff.
Dead serious. it may be a touch over but not by much. I have one cheap rifle that I bought used. And years later I got a lower end Leupold for it. 1 shotgun. No pistols. 1 backpack, a used spotter, and on old ass pair of vortex binos. My bow was a used diamond. I'm at around 1% with tags. If you factor in depreciation in your gear, which I try to do, then it really gets eaten up (see 6 years on rain gear, etc). My "allowance" barely covers those replacement costs, a tag if I'm lucky, and a box or two of ammo.

Dead serious. it may be a touch over but not by much. I have one cheap rifle that I bought used. And years later I got a lower end Leupold for it. 1 shotgun. No pistols. 1 backpack, a used spotter, and on old ass pair of vortex binos. My bow was a used diamond. I'm at around 1% with tags. If you factor in depreciation in your gear, which I try to do, then it really gets eaten up (see 6 years on rain gear, etc). My "allowance" barely covers those replacement costs, a tag if I'm lucky, and a box or two of ammo.
Wow. Im not sure if that’s impressive, crazy, or a combination of the two, but it’s definitely discipline.

I personally don’t put that much thought into it. I weigh out the cost of higher end items, but if I need something like rain gear, I just buy it. I’m also fortunate that my wife is as crazy about hunting as I am. Which unfortunately means we have twice the expense on everything.

I’ve been saying this for years now, you need to stop with the lattes and avocado toast.

Apparently you haven’t looked up the price of resident MT tags, those years would really drag down my average. ~$85 for elk, deer, bear, upland, waterfowl, turkey.
I’m $130 or less for an Idaho Sportsman pack. Elk, deer, bear, turkey, wolf, cougar and about everything else.

I did some quick math and I’m under 1% for hunting/fishing the last few years. I haven’t bought out of state tags. I bought most of my gear years ago. My major expense is diesel.

Ok, let's get real for a moment. What percent of your pre-tax dollars do spend on discretionary items/experiences? I mean everything from bait, to gas to go hunting, to elk tags, to swaros and guns?
Man, you had to include gas. I ran quick numbers, total it was around 3500-4k last yr.

I’m $130 or less for an Idaho Sportsman pack. Elk, deer, bear, turkey, wolf, cougar and about everything else.

I did some quick math and I’m under 1% for hunting/fishing the last few years. I haven’t bought out of state tags. I bought most of my gear years ago. My major expense is diesel.
I was thinking about this thread while shooting bismuth at ducks last weekend. I’m over 1% when I add the flats of shotgun shells and my out of state apps every year. I’m still under 2%.

Does shooting skeet once a week go into the till? I don’t golf anymore.

Ok, let's get real for a moment. What percent of your pre-tax dollars do spend on discretionary items/experiences? I mean everything from bait, to gas to go hunting, to elk tags, to swaros and guns?
Not sure I'd want to see that figure. Lol. I just ordered a TS Customs 7prc topped with a NF ATACR 4-20. Also on this thread, so I'm considering a pair of NLs. All BS aside. This hobby doesn't have to be that expensive. It is what we make it. I also drive and build demolition derby cars at a national level. You would be suprised how much coin can be wrapped up in those rigs.

Back