Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Swarovski NL pure

brnsvllyjohn

For those of you that have used the NL Pures do you prefer 10 or 12 power for general glassing?

My current binoculars are 10x42 SLC and I am thinking the 10 power is probably what I should stay with.

Second the 12's. They have a wider FOV than the EL 10x- NL 12's = 339 @ 1000 yards / 7.6 degrees, EL 10's = 336 @ 1000 yards / 6.4 degrees.

That said, it depends what your glassing and hunting style is. I can happily hand hold my 12's, but they really shine off the tripod. The 12's fill the role of 15's on a tripod, and 10's for walking about or a quick glance while seated. The 10's would have an incredible FOV.

I don't always carry a tripod while hiking so I typically support my binos on my walking sticks while seated. With 10 power this is doable. I am afraid that the 12 power might not work as well without a tripod. I have read most of the threads on here about the NLs and watched a few videos. If I were buying today 10 power is probably the way I will go. I probably won't buy until the new year unless I find a deal. I have not found any discounts and it looks like I will be driving a couple of hours to a store so I can hold them in my hands to make sure I like them. Not really too concerned but I should at least hold a pair.

Thanks for the info.

I have the 10s. The 12s with a wider FoV would probably be really good. 10s are really good too, I catch a lot of game when they walk. 12s would be good for checking small pockets I imagine. Don’t think you’re wrong either way.

How do all you fools have NL pures. Damn, I’m in the wrong profession 😂
Since Cabelas went to shit as far as products offered and customer service, I cashed out all my points for mine. Still had to spend about $800 out of pocket. The poor high school girl working the cashier about had her eyes pop out of her head when she rang them up. I would have had the same reaction if it wasn't for 10 years of credit card purchases :LOL:

I went from slc 10x42 to nl pure 10x42 this year. A solid upgrade. Unless you have a tripod, i wouldnt get the 12s. In fact Im almost wishing I had 8s for close to medium range glassing. The vision is so clear the shake is a bigger deal.

The SLCs actually physically fit my face better and had the stud attachement which was nice.

I went from slc 10x42 to nl pure 10x42 this year. A solid upgrade. Unless you have a tripod, i wouldnt get the 12s. In fact Im almost wishing I had 8s for close to medium range glassing. The vision is so clear the shake is a bigger deal.

The SLCs actually physically fit my face better and had the stud attachement which was nice.
No problem with 10x42 Pure's shake...a little trick I picked up is using my cap bill to stabilize the barrels. Have the pricey little FRP but not really liking it's harness pouch compatibility.

Have 8x42 SLC HD also that are so very optically and ergonomically friendly.

Back