Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Saw a Sako A7 Tecomate

pseshooter300

Saw one of these at a local gun shop don't know a lot about sako but heard guys say they are nice guns. This one sure was bel and carlson stock stainless fluted barrel in 300 wsm was used but flawless store was asking $950. I believe I would have bought it if I didn't have a outrageous taxidermy bill. Anyone shot one?

A shoot a .22 Sako varmint and a .243 Sako stainless.
Both superb guns, you wont go wrong with a Sako.
Cheers
Richard

Very nice guns. I hunted with one in Texas in January of this year.... Sako was paying for the hunt and provided the guns. The one I shot was in .270 WSM and it shot really well..... but I only shot it twice. One 10 ring shot on a bobcat at 300+ yards and another right where it was supposed to go on a whitetail buck.

My limited personal experience doesn't mean much, but I have sold quite a few of them. And they all shoot very well, and Sako Guarantees new ones to shoot a 1" 5 shot grouip. Cost on a new one is $1250 so the price you listed seems pretty fair.

Elkwhisper

I had a Sako A5 custom rifle in 7mm Remington Magnum. I took numerous mule deer bucks, my best included, with that rifle. I gave it to my son a few years ago and he has taken some dandys with it. I now shoot a Howa .300 WSM and a Remington 700 B&C 7mm Remington Magnum. Both rifles are nice, but they pale in comparison to the Sako.

Oh go ahead Tater, it's only money and about the next best investment next to precious metals. Before I forget it, seeing that you're from Kingsport; do you know who Stick McGhee is?

Last edited:
No I don't is he from here and I still haven't got to call you tarheel I'm at the shop right now working but I will soon

He's from Kingsport, used to write and sing back in the 50's and died of lung cancer in 1961. His most famous song was "Drinking Wine, Spodee Odee" Not sure of the spelling. His older brother had crippling polio and when they were kids he would push him around town on a homemade cart using a stick to make the direction changes and provide locomotion, so that's where he got the nickname of "Stick". Ask around from some oldtimers or check the local historical society if you're interested. Might even be something on him on Google. His brother was a pretty famous magician in his own right.

Call when you can. RT

Last edited:
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back