PEAX Equipment

NW IA/SE SD

longtail55

Hi I would like to introduce myself. As many others have said I have also been a long time reader/viewer/watcher of this site and also Randy. I grew up in SE SD and now currently reside just across the border in NW IA. I have been hunting,fishing, camping, outdoors, etc since I can remember. I started pheasant hunting and then grew into whitetail gun hunting and the last 15 years have primarily bow hunted whitetails and turkeys. I have 2 young boys now ages 8 and 6 and am starting to enjoy bringing them along now just as much as the hunt. Hoping to gain more knowledge and meet some good people from this site. Hope to start elk hunting more frequently if not yearly and am planning my first elk hunt for this fall. If anybody has any interests in pheasant hunting or whitetail hunting in this area please reach out and would be more than willing to share my knowledge and or experience or help anyway I can. Thanks

Hi I would like to introduce myself. As many others have said I have also been a long time reader/viewer/watcher of this site and also Randy. I grew up in SE SD and now currently reside just across the border in NW IA. I have been hunting,fishing, camping, outdoors, etc since I can remember. I started pheasant hunting and then grew into whitetail gun hunting and the last 15 years have primarily bow hunted whitetails and turkeys. I have 2 young boys now ages 8 and 6 and am starting to enjoy bringing them along now just as much as the hunt. Hoping to gain more knowledge and meet some good people from this site. Hope to start elk hunting more frequently if not yearly and am planning my first elk hunt for this fall. If anybody has any interests in pheasant hunting or whitetail hunting in this area please reach out and would be more than willing to share my knowledge and or experience or help anyway I can. Thanks
Welcome from SE Minnesota!

Welcome. Where are you from in Sodak? I grew up near Mitchell and started off the same way...pheasants and WT

Alcester - small town south of Sioux Falls. We pheasant hunt the opener every year NE of Huron right by Lake Byron. I have many memories of wrestling in the corn palace growing up. Special place to me. Where do you live in Minnesota? My brother lives in Litchfield and I have a good friend that lives in Rochester.

Welcome! I'm down here in Story County. Exit 123 on I-35 more or less.

Anyway, it is good to see another Iowan/Iowegian. And a pheasant hunter especially. How do you think the weather has been treating the nesting season so far? Lots of rain down here might have some strong negative consequences in lots of areas.

Alcester - small town south of Sioux Falls. We pheasant hunt the opener every year NE of Huron right by Lake Byron. I have many memories of wrestling in the corn palace growing up. Special place to me. Where do you live in Minnesota? My brother lives in Litchfield and I have a good friend that lives in Rochester.
I grew up in Mt Vernon, just west of Mitchell. Yeah we played our district basketball games in the Palace. We live in the NW metro up by Rogers MN. This is a great site..welcome.

Good morning, thanks to everyone for there warm welcome. Boomer - he does not ice fish but fishes a lot in the spring and summer. Brent - we have had some of the worst flooding I can remember since ive been alive this spring. many farmers very late getting crops in and a lot wont even be able to plant along the big sioux river bottoms. It will def play into effect but on the flip side I did see a lot of pheasants this spring. I can say the hunting around Huron has been much better the past 2 years than what they were the last 3 before that. Again, thanks for the welcome wishes. Appreciate it and look foward to visiting with more folks from the site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back