Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

ND HB 1151

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe the board realizes that since they represent more then just a board, the input from its members do mean something, and that maybe since they do pay dues or are active members their voices being heard isn't a bad thing.
I'm pretty confident that a backcountry hunting group is not going to support baiting...I know exactly how my board here would vote on it and what my constituents would want.

Usually the reason someone is put on a board is because they have the pulse of their constituents...or they wouldn't be on the board to begin with.

If it were me I'd be at the legislature next year with everything I wanted. I would hire up a lobbyist and I would get OTC rifle tags, and I'd make it 2 buck tags in the areas with the most private land and unlimited doe tags.
Wanna lay a bet they would all fail ??

The head of the ag dept is elected

The head of the education dept is elected

The head of the tax dept is elected

Why?

Why should the head of the GF not be elected ?
Partisan politics for 1000 Alex...

If 77% of people in NDak are in favor of baiting, I wouldn't trust them with voting for dog catcher.

I bet we could get a majority of sportsmen to support the elimination of gratis tags for elk and moose. I bet many would also support a system that forces a landowner to either get a gratis deer tag or enter the draw, not both. Landowners hunt bucks every year WHILE applying for AND building points for a mule deer buck while the peasants have to wait in line. Maybe get rid of landowner tags altogether...

Pandoras box is open, the sky is the limit.

Wanna lay a bet they would all fail ??
Well hell, that sounds like the test of all tests if you ask me...I'm in.

You know how many times I've heard "That will never happen"?

Stream access in Montana will never happen.

NR elk draw in WY will never get moved back.

Bonander land exchange will never be stopped.

You'll never get the right to hunt State land in Montana.

You wont ever get scouting flight restrictions in Wyoming.

You'll never get the WGBLC out of the hands of the Wyoming Wildlife the Foundation.

Soon I hope to add, "corner crossing will never be legal"...

Don't over-play your hand.

Last edited:
Here's something specific, you already know it all.

Figure it out yourself, I'm not wasting my time with someone dumb enough to allow the Legislature to control your wildlife.

This will end up biting you in the ass...you heard it here first.
So then you will not enlighten us all how you will dtop deer from yarding up in ND?

Dang I was looking forward to hearing your plans

I'm pretty confident that a backcountry hunting group is not going to support baiting...I know exactly how my board here would vote on it and what my constituents would want.

Usually the reason someone is put on a board is because they have the pulse of their constituents...or they wouldn't be on the board to begin with.
Well in the instance of ndbha.. I think poll results they could ask for and then send out and get back on this bill would be pretty fun to see and probably a lot closer then what you think.

Why don't you answer some questions, like NDBHA getting their marching orders from National...which is total bullchit.
So the national org does not pass down their policy to the affiliates ?

Does each state have a representative that is allowed to vote on the national orgs policy ?

Right, that's how it works, the board takes up issues. Same as it works everywhere else in the world with a board of directors, hospitals, businesses, city councils, state legislature, federal legislature. Maybe you need to get off the farm more...

Also, the accusation was that the decision was made top down by the National organization, and not by anyone from North Dakota. That's a lie.
Um the North Dakota Stockmens, North Dakota Farm Bureau and North Dakota Farmers Union ( the 3 main ag orgs in ND) ALL are grass roots orgs where the dues paying members create policy through creating resolutions

EVERY dues paying member can vote on policy resolutions

Maybe you need to emulate farm orgs more

So the national org does not pass down their policy to the affiliates ?

Does each state have a representative that is allowed to vote on the national orgs policy ?
No, and No.

That's the best part of BHA and why I've been a board member for 9 years and founded the chapter in Wyoming.

Each state board decides on the issues that are most important and unless the State chapters are totally out in the weeds, national doesn't intervene.

I bet we could get a majority of sportsmen to support the elimination of gratis tags for elk and moose. I bet many would also support a system that forces a landowner to either get a gratis deer tag or enter the draw, not both. Landowners hunt bucks every year WHILE applying for AND building points for a mule deer buck while the peasants have to wait in line. Maybe get rid of landowner tags altogether...

Pandoras box is open, the sky is the limit.
Again.. Repurcussions for actions, where access would just become harder and harder to obtain. If you want to introduce a bill like that anyone currently can bring it forward to a representative. Where the bill goes from there is something that we protected in our state constitution where we said "by regulation and law". But the "for the good of the people" portion might not come true when access on otherwise huntable lands is closed off (something I and a decent chunk of other sportsmen wouldnt like to see I bet would be more land locked up to access.)

Sounds clunky, inefficient and about as nimble as a gut shot rhino...

Your constituents must put very little faith in the board if you have to poll them for every decision. Of course, with you as a board member, maybe I see why they need a poll.
Nice …. 😜

Um the North Dakota Stockmens, North Dakota Farm Bureau and North Dakota Farmers Union ( the 3 main ag orgs in ND) ALL are grass roots orgs where the dues paying members create policy through creating resolutions

EVERY dues paying member can vote on policy resolutions

Maybe you need to emulate farm orgs more
If it works for you, go for it. Many of the issues we work on move at break-neck speed. If we had to have a vote of membership on every issue, we'd be done before we started. Would totally defeat the purpose of the board.

Again.. Repurcussions for actions, where access would just become harder and harder to obtain. If you want to introduce a bill like that anyone currently can bring it forward to a representative. Where the bill goes from there is something that we protected in our state constitution where we said "by regulation and law". But the "for the good of the people" portion might not come true when access on otherwise huntable lands is closed off (something I and a decent chunk of other sportsmen wouldnt like to see I bet would be more land locked up to access.)

I know how it works but thank you for the civics lesson.

Meh, more and more land is locked up each year. Increasing odds for elk and moose could be enticing enough that "we the people" are willing to risk being locked out of even more private land.

As was stated above, you've over played your hand.

I've seen some of those BHA folks. They look pretty young and healthy. I don't have to be a betting man to know they are gonna live for a long time.

That's the same crap I heard when Montana got stream access.

"Do it and landowners will lock up their land"...never happened.

Same crap I heard when Montana gained access to State lands.

"Do that, you'll piss off the landowners, they'll lock up their land"...never happened.

Hollow threats...and who cares about access to shoot a doe or some management buck?

I know how it works but thank you for the civics lesson.

Meh, more and more land is locked up each year. Increasing odds for elk and moose could be enticing enough that "we the people" are willing to risk being locked out of even more private land.

As was stated above, you've over played your hand.

I've seen some of those BHA folks. They look pretty young and healthy. I don't have to be a betting man to know they are gonna live for a long time.
What happens in a state thats 90% private when 50%+ of that becomes unhuntable due to access. Does that outweigh the chance of an increased chance at a moose or elk tag?

Theres a pretty big number of people in our section of moose unit that wouldn't have even had the opportunity at a moose if it wasn't due to access being granted (including a state record or 2 for a short period of time). None of those moose would have been able to be shot if it wasn't for landowners..

I'm fairly young, and in at least decent health I hope.. I think that I can live with whatever the consequences maybe of a legislative bill going through since it's been happening in the past and will continue to happen already. (I think those elk gratis tags you refer to might already have a tie to the legislature also)

"Do that, you'll piss off the landowners, they'll lock up their land"...never happened.

Hollow threats...and who cares about access to shoot a doe or some management buck?
Look at what has happened to access in the southwest corner of the state after 2315 and see if access got harder to get

Reactions: GST

We had similar threats that didn't come to pass in rural MN over a water quality bill. A tired approach. A few loudmouths make threats, but after the dust settles thankfully the majority of landowners are decent hardworking folks with no interest is picking silly fights with their fellow citizens/neighbors.

If it works for you, go for it. Many of the issues we work on move at break-neck speed. If we had to have a vote of membership on every issue, we'd be done before we started. Would totally defeat the purpose of the board.
So are you a part of BCHA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back