Baiting Bill (1151) is Senate side

They are busy trying to turn votes for a reconsideration (re-vote) today. Make sure to contact and thank your senators before noon today. The proponents are pushing this as a private property rights issue which is BS for a public trust resource.

They are busy trying to turn votes for a reconsideration (re-vote) today. Make sure to contact and thank your senators before noon today. The proponents are pushing this as a private property rights issue which is BS for a public trust resource.
My guess was chasing 900 head out of their corn piles after the big snow.

Emails have been sent both thanking those who voted no on this bill and to ask them to "hold the line" as @Ben Lamb said above. I'm sure they are receiving lots of pressure to change their vote through the reconsideration process. Reconsideration could happen as early as this afternoon so get those emails out and remember to be polite.

This might not be over it could go for a re vote . Even if it doesn’t , it doesn’t ban baiting . Baiting will still be open statewide to anyone not hunting over bait , and there was many units that were still open to hunting over bait and I would assume most of those still will be . All this does is show that our ( we the hunters and landowners) votes and voices mean nothing . Because the overwhelming testimony and response from US was in favor of the bill hell it was 76-18 pass in house and recommended 6-0 pass just last week for senate . Now all a sudden something changes ? Pressure from the governor ? Game and fish puff their chest ? Honestly I wish they (the legislature ) would just pass a law to ban it statewide . Forever . All this is going to do is create more of a fight and more grey area . People will bait , and hunt a few hundred yards away down the trail . This is a mess now

Let the conspiracy theories begin.... Just because the proponents organized a good effort for for their side to submit testimony (even if a bunch of them were not even ND residents), doesn't mean opponents didn't step their game up and make personal contacts to their Senators. They typically vote their constituency.

I'm going to get the popcorn maker going. Can't wait to see this meltdown.
I’m totally fine with it but now we are back to square 1 , a mess . So some units will be open to it and some closed …. Units closed that have never had a case of cwd. Ban it statewide and be done already .

Let the conspiracy theories begin.... Just because the proponents organized a good effort for for their side to submit testimony (even if a bunch of them were not even ND residents), doesn't mean opponents didn't step their game up and make personal contacts to their Senators. They typically vote their constituency.
The opponents absolutely made a huge difference kudos to them . I wasn’t , and still am not for one way or the other I just want it to either be open or closed statewide. No unit by unit stuff . Do like Montana and Minnesota and make a statewide baiting ban . Period .

No conspiracy theories here from me..

proponents had 75% support roughly on both the senate and house submitted testimony with just a handful of those being nonresidents, you can get the numbers on the online submitted testimony.. opposition side held 25% of submitted testimony with a decent chunk being out of state orgs like wildlife federation and rocky mountain elk.

16 of the 26 no votes came from Fargo, Grand Forks, and Bismarck/Mandan.. (2 from Minot also).. I did the math the other night through submitted testimony (i know people can reach out via email and other ways so that's not the final number) and from people that submitted from those cities it was still in favor of the bill online.

It seems from discussion on the floor yesterday ethics played a big part into the no votes.

Was a hard fought on both sides and I doubt this will be the end of the discussion on both sides in the state on feeding/baiting/food plots. Just my opinion though.

Brock is very passionate about the outdoors, and active in the legislature.. he worked his tail off on this bill and others.. We even agreed on more then we were opposed from reading testimony for some of the other outdoor bills.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back