Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT Shoulder Season Public Comment

Sent comments, emails and a did few other things.

I did not ask for a FWP to revisit the EMP. If this agency were to rework the plan hunters and the public would have as much input in it as we have had with the lion management plan they will be rolling out before long.

Did I read this guys proposal On page 36 of the comment sheet correctly? He says he'd like to see it eventually extended to Taylor's Fork?:confused::confused::confused: It's the guy from Gallatin Gateway.

My favorite comment was "You're a bunch of damn communists!"

Awesome stuff. Especially in person.

It's the guy from Gallatin Gateway.
It was not this guy from Gallatin Gateway! At the meeting I sat on the left and up front, expressing that Montana could sustain more elk, not fewer, pointing out the size of Colorado and the number of elk there. That was before I was told that Colorado had more elk habitat if you considered the "flattened out" topography. Is that even a wildlife management concept?!

Last edited:
Get it right straightarrow- "from the western seaboard to the eastern seaboard"
It's obviously a trivia question I'd have missed.

I'm referring to the comment page that Kat linked to in her earlier post.

At our meeting
My favorite was the guy who said he went wolf hunting the other day and saw 90 bulls. Unfortunately his area has been closed since archery for Wolves. 2 wardens standing right behind him with smiles

Thanks, Greenhorn ... I had dismissed the Colorado habitat from "sea to shining sea" comment as "really!" ... but then I'm just a "damn communist" who thinks the elk are entrusted for their care to FWP on behalf of you and me.

I am from Gateway for four decades and Who was that other guy?

Great stuff, after reading the commrnts the Root seems unusually normal. Weird.

Yeah... after sitting through the Superior one last night, the Bitterroot one was just plain boring. Better invite Toby next year.

Yeah... after sitting through the Superior one last night, the Bitterroot one was just plain boring. Better invite Toby next year.

Toby came to the Bitterroot once, I don't think he will be back.

"I've had guns pointed in my FACES!"

But thanks for keeping the 3 dot trail clear over the years.

Just in case the other posts dont get restored, I am partially reposting what I posted last night, the 2015 Elk Shoulder Season pilot project public comments. Reading through them, I have some concerns, there are some comments labeled Agreed (not typing all those out again) that should have been Disagree or Undecided and some Undecided that should have been Disagree.

Also, someone wanted my SB 245 veto email from Bullock stating he mandated this elk shoulder season proposal.

Reading through these comments and how FWP categorizes them, I'm definitely going to start being very blatant in my comments from now on. A lot of those comments are raising pretty real concerns on problems with the proposal, but are somehow getting lumped in to the agree category, I guess because the person doesn't outright say they oppose it.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back