Kind of dog?

captaincoot

Ok fellow bird hunters Its time to brag about the dog? What kind of dog you guys and gals running? I got an 8 year old chocolate lab.

This is Griz. 50% Chocolate Lab, 50% GSP and 100% death on birds. Someone found him in a laundry basket by their mailbox when he was a puppy and brought him to a shelter. I got him when he was 10 weeks old.

He points upland birds, is a fantastic water retriever and will fetch a beer out of the fridge if I tie a towel to the handle. I doubt I will ever have a better dog.

Here is our 2yr old choco lab hoyt and his momma.

Hoyt gets the bone...oh yes he does! Whos a good boy? Hoyts a good boy, yes he is. Oh yes he is!:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0065 copy - Copy web.jpg
    IMG_0065 copy - Copy web.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 778
I also have a lab/pointer cross. He will point and flush and is super gritty gamey little dog. He has a bad nose for chasing trash. He just turned a year old and plan to introduce him to a e-collar. He needs lots of work, but has lots of potential.

Four year old yellow lab. He does well on feathered critters and has been known to fetch me northerns on occassion.

I have a chocolate lab that turns 6 this fall and a red lab that is 10 weeks old. The chocolate is a good upland and water dog, and the young one already shows a lot of promise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 802
8 yr old yellow lab, best dog I've ever had. Haven't tried to have her catch fish however.

P1020108red.jpg

Eight year old Vizsla and a 2 1/2 year old black and white GSP. Vizsla is the smartest dog I have ever known and GSP is showing a lot of potential with a good nose and pointing instincts. With a little more retrieval training for the youngster we should have a good chukar, Hun, pheasant , and quail season.

Here's my pup Gus. He is a deutsch drahthaar and he is a beast in the uplands, a machine on waterfowl but mostly he's a clown at home lol.

Nice responses and cool Pictures guys:) How often does that dog catch fish mtmiller? that's a first for me:D

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back