Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

ID refuses to send wolves to CO, joining WY and MT.

Wouldn't it be Karmic if they were hit by an EV while crossing a road on the way to Boulder?
A new ballot would demand each Colorado wolf struck by a vehicle, CPW is required to obtain five additional wolves from out of State and (or) Canada to honor its memory.

And... Add a wolf cross or symbol of remembrance along the highway.

A new ballot would demand each Colorado wolf struck by a vehicle, CPW is required to obtain five additional wolves from out of State and (or) Canada to honor its memory.

You mean this wolf symbol of remembrance?

1703216633950.png

Dude, don't give polis any ideas!!

Here’s some interesting factiods on the wolf population in our state. In Isle Royal, studies show that there are 35 wolves and 900 adult moose, down from 1,200 last year. Wolves each consume .52 moose per month. That’s a pretty big hit to the population.

In a related study in N MN, depending on maturity, each wolf can kill upwards to 36 deer per year. We have 2,700 - 3,000 wolves in Northern MN…. The math is quite sobering for our deer herd.

Here’s some interesting factiods on the wolf population in our state. In Isle Royal, studies show that there are 35 wolves and 900 adult moose, down from 1,200 last year. Wolves each consume .52 moose per month. That’s a pretty big hit to the population.
I saw that article yesterday as well. Interesting.

I saw that article yesterday as well. Interesting.
Ya, I mean obviously I was rounding and working from my memory (not so smart anymore) but, it is pretty scary. The MN DNR has been studying the precipitous decline in the moose population for years. I know there are other factors, but, wow! What is there to study? Deer were too easy, and now wolves have turned to moose. The decline seems reasonably tied to the increase in wolves. What other conclusion could anyone come to….. there are no cars to kill moose up there! They did not mention the decline in the deer population…. Geee, I wonder why?

I don’t think there are any elk left on public in Colorado and the woofs will surely drive away the ones that are there.
Id start focusing on Montana general tags, especially if you are normally someone who puts in for Colorado units that take 7+ points.
Be careful what you wish for. I have elk hunted Montana for more than 20 years. I choose not to go there any longer…. Waaaay too many Grizz where we used to hunt. It used to be 10 of us hunters may see one Grizz for the whole 6 day hunt. In the end each of us would see a minimum of 1 Grizz each, every day. We had to leave a hunter behind to protect the kill as the other two packed things out. Just too many encounters with bears. Uncomfortable!

If it is going to happen, please take some of our MN wolves. I have 6 around my property that I would donate for free. But, I do love hunting in Colorado…. I just could not do it. I’m living with a gross overpopulation here and would not wish that on my family and friends to the west of us. A few are fine, but they quickly get out of control, and you will fight to keep them within the quotas that are set!

They'll get them from somewhere. Appreciate all the passion on the issue, but maybe focus it on something for which you can affect the outcome? This issue is cooked.

View attachment 285174
I agree with you Oak. It’s just frustrating to watch you guys go through what MN, WI and MI went through years ago…. And not feel bad.
All the promises of quotas for wolves never came to fruition. Our northern sections are overrun with wolves, deer populations and hunter success continues to decline….. with no end in sight! We can’t hunt or trap to get some balance because of lame political issues and “special interest groups (cidiots). Just hate to see it get started elsewhere.

But, seriously hoping you have a better and more palatable experience than we have had! I know the headwinds will be strong.

Good luck Brothers!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back