Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

HB0060 - Excess Wildlife Population Damage - Not sure on this one

Is there anything we can do to make sure HB60 is dead? I got several responses to 111 from my last email. Some reps were really interested in understanding.
Not at this point, if something happens tomorrow, which is highly doubtful, I'll keep you posted.

Give the Land owners transferable landowner tags in lieu of payment. They can then use them to mitigate the damages and sell them to compensate their substantial losses.
I seriously doubt there are substantial losses.

I seriously doubt there are substantial losses.
There isn't substantial losses at all and the bill was never about that.

The bill was 100% about, "teaching the GF a lesson, that they need to do more to control elk numbers".

The bill was a joke for all kinds of reasons. The first being how do you determine utilization on grass when both elk and livestock are both grazing? With no regulations on private property, with stubble height requirements, who determines level of grazing? Who decides what 15% utilization by elk looks like? Why would 15% utilization be considered excessive to begin with?

Bottom line is elk aren't hard to control if hunters can get access to them. This is a landowner access issue that they need to solve amongst themselves. It also won't ever be solved if they don't allow access.

Back