Fresh Tracks - Season Two is getting near

My DVR is what gets me through the off season. I am so glad we have access to quality hunting shows like Fresh Tracks, Western Hunter and Meat Eater. I will most likely shed a tear when I see Fin miss the big bull in AZ. I have been slinging arrows at Elk on public land for well over 30 years now and sometimes the missed shots are just as exciting and memorable as when we punch our tags. Keep up the great work!

Fin, 10 episodes ain't enough. I'm only good for a couple reruns and I can't handle more than one or two episodes of Waddell and his southern bozo hunting buddies. .

That means we need more western hunting. Let's shoot for 20 episodes next season...

Thanks for bumping this thread up so I noticed. I'll be sending a two paragraph thanks to all the sponsors and The Sportsman's Channel, I'll probably do a couple a day. I've watched a few on carbon with my kids and we've really enjoyed them. Appreciate the work at RMEF too. Least I can do is write some emails.

Fin, 10 episodes ain't enough. I'm only good for a couple reruns and I can't handle more than one or two episodes of Waddell and his southern bozo hunting buddies. .

That means we need more western hunting. Let's shoot for 20 episodes next season...

We've got enough tags for 20 episodes. You find a way to cover the production costs, filming permits, and additional air time with the network, and we are set. ;)

Randy, you have only hunting show my wife will watch with me : no rock star face paint, no blond model with perfect makeup (while hunting ?!?!?), just a regular guy having fun, making some mistakes, showing a great passion for hunting, and respecting the game he is pursuing.

Tonight is the premier of Season Two of Fresh Tracks. Only on Sportsman Channel at 7:30 PM and 10:30 PM Mountain Times. Hope can catch it tonight or on DVR.

I know this might be a big ask, but if you were to tell these sponsors that you appreciate their support of this show and this message, it would be a big help. Most sponsorship decisions are being made in the next six weeks. One email counts way more than you might realize.

These great companies are what make this possible. They could invest their money in a lot of different places, on other media platforms, to reach different targeted audiences. Yet, they invest it here, to reach the self-guided public land hunter.

Thanks for all your help and encouragement. Your viewership is the other part of this equation. Without all of you, and your support, this operation would have been in the trash heap five years ago. Mrs. Fin is one of the biggest supporters of this operation, in more ways than many probably realize. When she reads positive comments from all of you, it helps rebuild a big balance in my hunting pass, allowing me to continue filming another year.

Hope you enjoy this season of episodes. I am proud of all of them and thankful for the many great friends who have helped with these hunts.

Fin drops the "uf da" before the first commercial....

I like how the Producers have decided to require subtitles for Fin.....

Hey, I speak Northern Minnesotan, so subtitles are needed for the outdoor audience that is heavily dominated by the Southern English crowd.

That was a dandy but bull or no bull......you spent time with your son doing what you both love and thats priceless....great show.....:cool:

Thanks for the adventure, I enjoyed Arizona from the comfort of my couch, neighborhood fireworks going off outside. Glad you were able to express your love for your son and spending time with him. Too often results oriented outdoorsmen count such a trip as a failure as there is no filled tag. Such attitudes miss out on the many other aspects of any "Fresh Tracks" type of adventure.

http://www.lawzone.com/half-nor/uffda.htm

UFF DA!

When immigrants came to the U.S. from various lands, they strove to become thoroughly American. It became common practice to speak only English in the presence of the children. However, one expression Norwegian immigrants found it impossible to shed was "uff da!" The term sounds just like what it seeks to convey: disgruntlement.
Professor Odd Lovoll of St. Olaf College (in Minnesota) was quoted in the Norwegian press as bemoaning the lack of conversancy of most Norwegian Americans with the Norwegian language -- with the Norwegian vocabulary of most limited to "uff da." What this reflects is that "uff da" is probably the Norwegian expression best known to Norwegian Americans.
It is a perfectly polite expression which may be used in place of various vulgarisms employed to evince displeasure. One wag has observed, "In Norway, Charlie Brown says, 'uff da!' instead of 'Good grief!.' "
It is an analogue of such words in other languages as "oy vey" or "carumba."
"Da" means "then." Literally, "ja da" means "yes, then," "nei da" means "no, then," and "uff da" means, well, "uff, then."
Dag Petter Eide of �lesund suggests we might be "a bit too engaged by the little quite meaningless phrase." It's understandable that in Norway, little significance would be ascribed to that or any other commonly uttered expression. But in the U.S.A., those of us of Norwegian extraction are united by our memories of our progenitors grumbling, "Uff da!" Eide notes that "s�ren" is a term that might be invoked on any occasion when "uff da" seems appropriate. But "uff da" has the sound that perfectly matches the emotion, and is the phrase that comes readily to our minds if not to our lips.
"Uff da!" is no longer an expression cognizable only by Norwegians and those of Norwegian extraction. Evidence of that is "Uff Da" page in English posted by a Japanese neurologist, "Dr. Y" (Shunji Yasaki). The website has no relation to Norway except for its inspiration: while in Minnesota, Dr. Yasaki befriended some Norwegian Americans and encountered the expression "uff da."
The opening of the joke page reads:
Uff Da is --- discovering that your male dog is pregnant!
Uff Da is --- forgetting your mother-in-law's first name.
Uff Da is --- dropping your only egg on the floor!
Uff Da is --- eating hot soup when you've got a runny nose!

Another great start to the season Randy, look forward to the rest of the season, I do have 1 question, what brand bino chest cover gadget were you and your son wearing. THANKS

Another great start to the season Randy, look forward to the rest of the season, I do have 1 question, what brand bino chest cover gadget were you and your son wearing. THANKS

Thank you. We are wearing harnesses made by FHF Gear. You can find them at www.FHFGear.com

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back