For Horsemen(and women)

Elkcheese,

The hack job on the trees in your pictures is fine on a fireline...but I wouldnt hire you to trim my hedges. I most definately would not hire you if I needed a sawyer for a timber sale I'd purchased.

You'd cost me some serious money.

However, I do realize that sawing for product and sawing on fire lines are two different things.

I think you do an OK job on the fireline though.

White deer, get some glasses and take a reading comprehension course.

It's alway's the end of discussion when you think you have finished it... LMAO!!!

All well.... I don't have to show every little tiny thing in a topic, yes, it may look a little empty to you, so what... The basic info is all there and as it sits with every one else here, they really honestly couldn't care less...
I know what the rules are, I know what is needed...
These people aren't forest service employees... they are only volenteers. but still they must follow the rules as the rest of the FS...

We can argue nuances all day long, but the biggest problem I see here is some one piping in about things they know nothing about, seems this same individual continually berates me on the same thing they themselves can't seem to get away from on topics... :D Kinda really silly don't you think.... :D :D :D

Thanks for the compliment Buzz...I really do appreciate it and will take it as such...
You don't have to hire me for a timber sale, or any thing for that matter..
There are only weeds in Laramie any way...

even out here in most places.
Of course non of these trees were cut for proffit, most generally you don't put big wide face cuts in trees when you are trying to sell them. But this is the game the FS wants to see so this is the one they get...

I'm not going to get into a pissing match on if I know whether I am good or not, it has no bearing here.
PS, the only reason you wouldn't hire me is because you have done no leg work on my qualifications. Besides, I wouldn't want you to any way. That end of Wyoming is really to far to cut brush any way... :D

Elkchsr,

Take it as a compliment, thats how it was intended.

I've worked with and around some top notch sawyers, their work is incredible.

Just takes 20 years of running of saw I guess.

:D :D :D I should add one more thing, If the way I do things is wrong, enlighten me on what it is that is to your distaste (Besieds my views that differ from yours), I am alway's open for "Constructive" crittisism that will benifit me, because I will pass this along to every one I come into contact with, so that your ideas will be alive and well with Region 1 as a whole. Really, no fooling....

Elkchsr,

Like I said, for the fireline, your work is OK. Safety is the only concern, not marketable product.

I dont need to nitpick your sawyer abilities, mine are no better, probably worse.

But, I have enough experience to see the difference between a good sawyer and a great sawyer.

And so do I, that is why I was given Certifier status with only one test...

Maybe you need to make an excuse to come to the Region 1 saw conference next spring and see the presentation they are having me put on... ;)

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back