Football General Talk

Honest question. Do you think dak is good enough to win a Super Bowl? Do you think he can move the ball against the 49ers or outscore the eagles with Hurts?

Edit: because odds are they’re gonna have to beat both.

I dunno I don't think Daks interceptions are a big deal right now. Tom Brady threw his career high for interceptions in a season 3 times. 14 interceptions in each of those seasons. He did that in 2002, 2004, 2005. Those are his first 3 rings.

Obviously, Dak isn't Brady. But I think theres a lot to just getting hot at the right time. Brady could turn it on in the playoffs. Dak hasn't shown that he can do that. But hell, if Eli Manning, brad Johnson, and Trent dilfer can win a Superbowl, Dak sure can. Is it likely? I'd say his odds go up if the defense can get back to mid season form for the duration of the playoffs. Dak might be able to bail them out in 1 game, but I don't think he'll carry em to the dance. Defense will have to do that, or at least that's where my money would be. Dak's not a scrub but he's not elite. It just is what it is.

Those two had historic defenses.
Yep and obviously the Dallas D is not in the same category of those 2 either. I think the 9ers D is better than Dallas. But it might not need to be a historic defense for Dak to win. Just one of the best for this season. I mean they are leading the league in takeaways. Top 2 or 3 in sacks I think too? They were on pace to lead the league in sacks just like 3 or 4 games ago I believe. But that's what I'm saying. Their defense seems to have cooled off a bit. They need them to get hot again in order to stand a chance at beating Philly or the 9ers.

Bummer the Vikings suck so bad or the nfc could have 3 great games to advance to the Super Bowl. Assuming the cowboys can get past the Bucs, which they haven’t beat in two tries the last 2 years.

If you told me Dak was going to out duel Brady in the first round this year, I'd believe you. Still may not happen 😂 but I believe that could happen.

If you told me he would then put the team on his shoulders and carry the team to victory against the eagles, then the 9ers, then the chiefs or Bengals or bills.... I'd tell you that's not happening unless his defense is getting after it.

Bummer the Vikings suck so bad or the nfc could have 3 great games to advance to the Super Bowl. Assuming the cowboys can get past the Bucs, which they haven’t beat in two tries the last 2 years.
I think Dallas and Minnesota have remarkably similar performances over the last 15 or so years. Some really good seasons that fell short mixed in with a majority of mediocre seasons that were a complete disappointment.

The NFL needs to look at playoff team determination. It's an absolute joke to let a team like the Bucs in. Assuming that happens. mtmuley

I don’t think Vikes can pull off 3 straight close game wins over the likes of Eagles and 49ers to make it to Super Bowl, but I they have a fair chance of being part of some exciting last minutes games. Heck look at last years Bengals - hardly world beaters coming into playoffs.

The NFL needs to look at playoff team determination. It's an absolute joke to let a team like the Bucs in. Assuming that happens. mtmuley
There needs to be an above .500 rule. And if there aren’t 7 winning teams then the 2 seed gets a bye too.

There needs to be an above .500 rule. And if there aren’t 7 winning teams then the 2 seed gets a bye too.
Although interestingly 2 of the 3 teams since 1983 to have made playoffs with losing records won in their first round games. The NFL is a crazy product.

Kleiman hire looking better every year. He won at NDSU and brought that to Manhattan. Snyder 1.0 and 2.0 will be super hard to equal, but Kleiman has equally proven himself to produce winners with 2 and 3 star recruits.
He is the best coach the Bison have had in my opinion- and given their 60 yrs of consistent success that is saying something.

Simple solution and its been discussed allegedly in nfl is a reseeding for playoffs, i think it makes sense. Div winners get 4 spots, 3 wildcards, records dictate seeding among all 7 teams. So the 11 win team doesnt travel to a 8 win division winner like could happen this year. Easy simple fix and still encourages winning divisions

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back