Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Football General Talk

Sure is an interesting conversation to listen too from Sherman and Lynch. Along with other past teammates.

Lynch exact words "F$%# him man, I go to war with you for years and you can't even answer or return my phone calls".

I'm glad he's in Denver now....
Sherman was the poison in that locker room. Overrated as a player (note, he was a lockdown corner on the weakest receiver), and a big mouth, he destroyed that team's chemistry over the following two seasons.

The Vikes have provided more miracles and entertaining watching than any time in me memory. Every week that they add another one is extra. We are well into bonus time as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have lost my shirt on that kick too.
The best part was just before that, Cousins on the sideline apparently complaining that he wasn't given the last snap, instead of a snowcone in hell's chance of a FG.

Sherman was the poison in that locker room. Overrated as a player (note, he was a lockdown corner on the weakest receiver), and a big mouth, he destroyed that team's chemistry over the following two seasons.
Sherm had/has one hell of a mouth on him I couldn't take him forever. He was a damn good corner though at the time it was him and Revis competing for the top. I couldn't tell you which was better.

I would be surprised if he was the break up of all the Seahawks though. Every where that guy goes people love him. His intelligence is brilliant. Love him or hate him he wasn't a drama queen or a scrub on the field.

That 4th quarter INT on the goal line tells you everything you need to know about the Denver situation.

I can't imagine being within that organization right now..... oofta

Sherm had/has one hell of a mouth on him I couldn't take him forever. He was a damn good corner though at the time it was him and Revis competing for the top. I couldn't tell you which was better.

I would be surprised if he was the break up of all the Seahawks though. Every where that guy goes people love him. His intelligence is brilliant. Love him or hate him he wasn't a drama queen or a scrub on the field.

That 4th quarter INT on the goal line tells you everything you need to know about the Denver situation.

Sherm was a mouthy Stanford badass.
But the mouth hung on longer than the badass.

Sherm was a mouthy Stanford badass.
But the mouth hung on longer than the badass.
There's no doubt.

The guy probably has one of the better podcasts going right now in NFL discussions.

I think Denver thought Wilson could solve their problems. No one player does that.

Sherm is more mouth than anything else - he managed to parley that into his announcing spot, gets to stay in the limelight. Smart guy, but not very smart. He was the root of the destruction of the Seahawk locker room, he spent the next season after that INT in the Super Bowl formenting discontent directed at Wilson, and had the defensive players against the O. It was a marginal call by Carroll, destroyed by a super play by a Patriot, and I think everyone including Tom Brady would tell you that had they given the ball to Lynch the game was over.

But to Denver, they are certainly housecleaning. Three coaches gone now - I think Elway recognizes that the Broncos have to be all in on Wilson, or it will be ten years before they are competitive again. And that deal for Wilson was orchestrated by Elway, with the intent of winning more Super Bowls. But he might have done better on his coach choices, that is for sure.

David
NM

There's no doubt.

The guy probably has one of the better podcasts going right now in NFL discussions.
My good buddy is a giant 49ers fan and man the weird face he gave when he went to the 49ers. Like there was so much anger in one of his eyeballs and so much awesome in the other eyeball. I almost called a priest.

My good buddy is a giant 49ers fan and man the weird face he gave when he went to the 49ers. Like there was so much anger in one of his eyeballs and so much awesome in the other eyeball. I almost called a priest.
Gotta be choosy of where your grey hairs come from.
I was on board as soon as I realized that he would be getting away with defensive PI for us instead of against us.

Gotta be choosy of where your grey hairs come from.
I was on board as soon as I realized that he would be getting away with defensive PI for us instead of against us.
That is the "art" of being an elite corner. We saw a lot of it last night. The Titan corners were not so artful and got nailed for it at least 2x that I thought were unjustified and which had huge impacts on the outcome of the game, ie, officiating sucked (again), and Dallas got the better end of it (again), even on the Titan's home field.

and which had huge impacts on the outcome of the game, ie, officiating sucked (again),
I never understood this. If it's against the rules and is a penalty in the rest of the season then its also a penalty on the last play of the Superbowl. I don't care if it annoys people.That's how rules work. Either change the rule or enforce it.
Now we have coaches coaching players to commit dpi in the end of big games because it won't get called. Pete Carroll and Richard Sherman got a Superbowl by knowing the refs were told to swallow the whistle.

I still think Russell is a hall of famer, but there is no chemistry whatsoever on that Bronco team.
As a Hawks fan, I think he "was" one Superbowl play away from the HOF, it will take some serious effort, better decision making in the pocket, a decent new coach, and a injury free O-line to get him there now IMHO.

Last edited:
As a Hawks fan, I think he "was" one Superbowl play away from the HOM, it will take some serious effort, better decision making in the pocket, a decent new coach, and a injury free O-line to get him there now IMHO.
Induction ceremony productions pull serious sponsor coin....he'll be ok.

That is the "art" of being an elite corner. We saw a lot of it last night. The Titan corners were not so artful and got nailed for it at least 2x that I thought were unjustified and which had huge impacts on the outcome of the game, ie, officiating sucked (again), and Dallas got the better end of it (again), even on the Titan's home field.
Jesus. C'mon Brent. But you did bring the Cowboys up again. Kudos. mtmuley

Jesus. C'mon Brent. But you did bring the Cowboys up again. Kudos. mtmuley
Don't be blind, just 'cuz you're a fan. :)
Hey, Dak leads the NFL in interceptions even though he has missed how many games? ;)

No one knows what will happen next.

Don't be blind, just 'cuz you're a fan. :)
Hey, Dak leads the NFL in interceptions even though he has missed how many games? ;)

No one knows what will happen next.
I'm not blind as a fan. One team got more points than the other. Simple deal. Don't bitch about officiating cause you are a hater. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back